What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need ID incendiary or something else

weberoed

Ordnance approved
Sorry don't have the full measurements, but approx 14" or a little longer. Looks close to a 2lb incendiary but the fuzing is different. Also inside the cut away is a flexible plastic tube that runs the full length on the body. This container hold a substance that is grainy and oily.

An waiting to see if I can get a couple more photo and better measurements

Attachments

• PD_0014.jpg
    PD_0014.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 50
  • PD_0015.jpg
    PD_0015.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 58
  • PD_0016.jpg
    PD_0016.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 66
sorry don't believe the middle photo is of the same item, was sent to me by accident

What is the middle item?
We had some very similar, with the same fuze that were chemical filled.

Pete

I was thinking M 54 but wanted to be sure.

The middle item is the fuze for either the M-114 or Brit SPD MK 1 biological bomblet. can't tell for sure which one as the whole item is not shown. I have a large digital folder on those items - need to go through it again ot see if I can ID the photo.

I have some info somewhere regarding the bio submunition, if i remember correctly it was used with anthrax for some trials work in the UK.

Pete

right, this was to be the weapon used on Germany. The final design was the M 114. later it was also used with Brucella. The M 114 was phased out and replaced by the M-61.