What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help with indentification

tikiman

Can somebody help me with the following posted pictures. Just bought a big lot of militaria. But some items I cannot identify..

Thanks!

Attachments

• 279.jpg
    279.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 281.jpg
    281.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 57
  • P7130040.jpg
    P7130040.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 72
Point detonating Fuze nose cap

Tikiman the first item you show looks very much like a nose piece froma "point detonating" Fuze.
Se the picture below and look at the nose piece as it is very similar except a larger diameter at the rear.
The wartime American PD Fuzes used Brass as the material for the nose piece (the bit you show) and the lower body was a smaller diameter with an internal thread-yours fits that bill and being as it has been used it will almost certainly have had its thread stripped out by the force of the explosion with the stronger steel fitting pulling out the thread where it was secured to the body.
Second item looks a bit like an early recoiless round-does it have any markings on its base?

Attachments

• M557 Nose.JPG
    M557 Nose.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled.JPG
    Untitled.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 7
I'm thinking the larger item looks like a transport tube for a larger round say 88mm size or so. It seems to be missing its top.

Thanks for finding the link to that thread Khaba, i knew i had seen it before.
Best regards Weasel.