What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help

rmpnunes

CAN SOMEONE SEND ME MORE DETAILS OF THIS MORTAR?
I THINK IS FROM ISRAEL.
THE MORTAR HAVE THIS INSCRIPTION MARK 2 TZ 3/80 52MM

BEST EOD REGARDS
rUI NUNES PRT EOD

Attachments

• MORTEIRO.jpg
    MORTEIRO.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 94
I have been talking to a friend who has been on clearance in the Lebanon for several years now ,He has found several of this type and says these are of israeli origin.sorry dont have anymore info but hope it helps you

Pretty common 52mm infantry mortar from the 1980s, not sure if it's still in use. I was in the IDF through the 1980s, and we only used them for illumination flares. Haven't seen that tip unit before, but our flares all had a green body.

Last edited:
52mm Mortar

According to Janes there is a 52mm Mk 2-1 HE Mortar with a No. 161 fuze, however as you can see from the diagram it looks like a standard 2 inch mortar. I cant find anything 52mm with a fuze like the one in the photo.

Attachments

• Isreali 52mm Mk 2 HE Mortar.jpg
    Isreali 52mm Mk 2 HE Mortar.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 18
Does the fuze have any other features other than the wrench holes and what looks like a hole for a safe arming wire. It looks similar to the 60mm mortar M52 (but not 2 piece construction) I would be interested to see if it has provisions for a bore riding pin on the opposite side.

Leo