What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New arrival immienent

F

Fuzeman

i thought i would show BOCN members my 50Kg bomb with the Merrylees fuze extractor fitted , the merrylees isnt for sale but the bomb might be , i allready own a sectioned Sd50 and have another been given to me , currently stored away from here .For the eagle eyed of you i know the cordage was put on the wrong way round , this was rectified before filming Unexploded bomb in 2000

Attachments

• Merrylees extractor.jpg
    Merrylees extractor.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 93
  • merryleees 2.jpg
    merryleees 2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:
heckofagigarama

Nice photos Steve, looks great fitted out with the apparatus. Informative picture to say the least. thanks for sharing..Dano

Hi Dano
I thought it was a good idea as the Merrylees was primative but did save countless lives, the SD50 ive owned for 20 years and is only gathering dust, its one of the best untouched examples ive seen , the threads are perfect on the base plate .

bagsy on the bomb ! i will be interested in the bomb at the right price steve let me know a.s.a.p ! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Hi Lee
It was designed to withtract any fuze that would possibly have an a withdrawl device under it , it was crude but did save countless lives.its a rare item in museums only as far as i know none have been sold on open market