What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New found, yesterday. Russian cases?

Dandebur

Hello everyone.
Yesterday, on a car boot sale, I bought this two cases that, thanks to the excellent site of Anthony Williams, I identify as russian 122x284Rx137, for M-30 Howitzer.
I think there are post WW2.
Can anyone says what is the country and the date of prodution of them?
The two primers are identical and steel made.
Thanks by advance.
Regards
Dandebur.

Attachments

• DSCN7131.jpg
    DSCN7131.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN7132.jpg
    DSCN7132.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN7133.jpg
    DSCN7133.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN7135.jpg
    DSCN7135.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 53
Evening Dandebur, the cases have a Russian style to them, including the colour of the brass, but normally the date has a Cyrillic G after the number for Goroda (year) which I cannot see. I would offer the cases are made in 1967 and the primers in 1965, but with what appears to be Chinese marking on the primer I will happily be corrected.

Hello everyone
Vasco da Gamma
Thank you for your reply.
I think you are right about the date 1967 for the cases and 1965 for the primers.
Because there is no cyrillic letter G after 67, it is surely no soviet production. The mystery is not solved.
On the other hand, this is surely a chinese symbol on the primer. Chinese production?
Regards.
Dandebur