What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new fuze, any ideas?

westyork123

Evening guys, picked up a new fuze today.

As you guess im new to collecting fuzes...

This one (in my view) is perfect. The threads are intact and the piece had no dents, scratches and also the plate at the base. I do not really understand this fuze, it is a timer variety. It has on it what one of my work mates descirbed as "worm writing". I think it may be a German fuze with Turk writing on??

Also a date period? as it is not English im clueless.

Any info or idea etc would be appriciated! Regards,

Matt

Attachments

• 100_1768.jpg
    100_1768.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_1774.jpg
    100_1774.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_1772.jpg
    100_1772.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 37
I have never seen the like, but is ass kickin' fuze with the scribe markings and the way she pulls down and all. Someone in here should have a pretty good idea on what it is, to me it has more of a British look than German but that is nothing more than a stab in the dark. Good luck on I'ding it, and again I'm sure someone can help....Dano

Time Fuze

I am sure someone will be able to give you a positive identification. It is similar to a No 31 Time Fuze and I only say that because it appears to have a hole for a safety pin through the nose. I am sure there are many fuzes that have this feature, though. The markings are in Arabic, I do not have my technical references at home so I cannot translate the markings on the nose. Are there any markings on the bottom of the base?

Attachments

• 100_1768 time.JPG
    100_1768 time.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
i had one of these if i remember correctly it got identified as a german krupps made fuze for turkey,

Matt, it was very likely a souvenir from the Dardanelles Landings in WWI, where the Turks gave us and the ANZACs in particular, a very hard time. As Spotter rightly says, it's very likely to be manufactured by Krupps and you do come across shell cases of a similar vintage, also with Turkish markings. Regards, Trevor

Did some quick translations of the characters on the time ring.
See annotated photo.

Attachments

• fuze.jpg
    fuze.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 40
Thankyou!

Morning,

Exat808, thanks for the translation at least I now have an idea what the writing says!
Ammocat, no marking on the base at all.

Cheers to you all for the help, Im guessing these are quite common? Also what would a sensible prize be to pay for a good condition fuze like this? I just wondering if I was robbed or what..

Cheers again,

Matt

Matt,

Is there a marking on the top of the fuze?
Something that looks like LVo with lots of other writing?

Cheers,
Andy

Matt,

Is there a marking on the top of the fuze?
Something that looks like LVo with lots of other writing?

Cheers,
Andy

Andy,

there is writing (Arab) on the top not sure what it is (i will look tonight). I will try and copy it somehow.

Regards,

Matt

Just to confuse things a bit - all written Turkish script pre 1928 was written differently from modern Turkish making translations a bit more difficult. Basically pre 1928 it was Turkish/Arabic and post 1928 it was Turkish/Latin............what could be easier?