What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New grenades!

Nice grenades. I collect Japanese inert ordnance but I do have some german wwi era inert grenades. The second picture, middle grenade, It seems to have red paint. I understand that to mean practice. Does this mean live fire practice or reduced charge practice or inert/empty practice in your opinion? The fuze on that middle one is a style I have not seen on eggs. Is it an actual service fuze or maybe a solid metal dummy fuze? Nice.

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance at Yahoo.com

Belgian OF1 , Polish RG42 throwing practice, RGD5 (Russian) in section.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 20
The unpainted Mills I had but I decided it had to have some color

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 28
Timmymac, Nice collection!! i like that first picture with the russian and Finish grenades. Finish grenades are odd and I don't see them often here in the US. I like that Soviet M33 trainer stick grenade, that has to be rare. Nice stuff.

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance at Yahoo.com

Got this improvIsed WWI Beytte grenade on the left yesterday. Obviously repainted but I don't recall ever seeing this fill indicator on an original example. Have any of y'all? The one on the right is an original (not repainted) body I've had, but I added the replica fuse recently.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 35
Just finished this replica Nobel ignighter & added to recent Battye body I got. Thanks Paul for all your help!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 26
Dear timmymac,

a very nice collection. Two questions:
Is the DM51 a compelte dummy with fuze, or just a mockup of practice version + fragmentation jacket?
Do the Swiss HG 85 contain original fuze dummies?
(Further pictures are very welcome)

Thank you and best regards