What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New items

allgss

I recently bought a "Job lot" of modern surplus, which is somewhat outside of what i would normally go for as i am more ww2 orientated most of it is uniform related but in amongst it were other items like below, there was also a law and a drill milan missile, anyway here are a few of te munition related bits

Attachments

• gren001a.jpg
    gren001a.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 30
  • gren001b.jpg
    gren001b.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 29
  • gren001c.jpg
    gren001c.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 33
I have 3 of these, the other 2 are missing the pull rings

Attachments

• gren001d.jpg
    gren001d.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 15
  • gren001e.jpg
    gren001e.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 16
2nd type of gren

Attachments

• gren002a.jpg
    gren002a.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 32
  • gren002b.jpg
    gren002b.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 29
  • gren002c.jpg
    gren002c.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 25
  • gren002d.jpg
    gren002d.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 27
unfortunately these are incomplete so i am looking for "bits" to complete them so if any member can point me in the right direction to find these items i would be grateful:smile:

Attachments

• gren003a.jpg
    gren003a.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 28
  • gren003b.jpg
    gren003b.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 26
  • gren003c.jpg
    gren003c.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 22
There was also this in the surplus as well, any help on the correct terms for these also :tinysmile_hmm_t: as they are outsde of what i normally go for
cheers!

Attachments

• gren004a.jpg
    gren004a.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 25
  • gren004b.jpg
    gren004b.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 26
here are a few of the other weapon related bits, there were some mines and drill rounds as well, probably not the correct forum for them as this is for grenades

Attachments

• law001.jpg
    law001.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 67
  • law002.jpg
    law002.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 62
  • milan98098.jpg
    milan98098.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Quite a haul algss. You ended up with some nice grenades and ordnance. I never have come across an opportunity to buy a big lot at one time, and if I did I am sure Murphys law would apply and I would be broke at the time!!! Dano

I don't recognise the 1st grenade. The 2nd type of gren is the drill version of the UK L2 grenade. The L56 practice grenade is a rubber bodied practice version of the L2 grenade and was supplied without a fuze, those were supplied separately. I think the associated fuze for that is/was the L134 (Fuze Grenade Percussion Practice). The L56 grenade could be re-used for up to 5 or 10 throws before it eventually split from the pressure of the successive L134 fuzes going off inside it. The last set of photos shows the 66 mm LAW, a 94 mm LAW 80 drill tube (made at CAD Longtown - `LTN' - from a fired launcher) and a Milan in a cutaway launch tube. The markings on the launch tube look like it originally contained an operational missile, so I'm guessing the missile inside has been made up somehow, perhaps as a locally made instructional item. The most likely use is to show the missile positioned in the tube before firing, with the launch piston directly behind the missile.

Guys thanks for the great info I appreciate the help :top:

Here are some of the other bits which are ordnance related, I believe the first one is a drill round for the grenade launcher, then a drill anti personnel mine, then a russian anti personnel mine? det cord igniter? anti tank mine italian? and an x-ray of the milan missile

Attachments

• DRILLGREN001.jpg
    DRILLGREN001.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 32
  • MINE003.jpg
    MINE003.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 36
  • RUSMINE001.jpg
    RUSMINE001.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 32
  • RUSMINE001B.jpg
    RUSMINE001B.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DETIG001.jpg
    DETIG001.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 35
  • MINE006.jpg
    MINE006.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 24
  • XRAY.jpg
    XRAY.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Items in pic one here appear to be Drill Grens for the 40x46 and 40x53 Grenade launchers, any markings on these apart from the painted ones ? interesting to see most of your kit is of British origin.

Items in pic one here appear to be Drill Grens for the 40x46 and 40x53 Grenade launchers,

Sorry if that pictures makes it look like 2 grenades its actually the same one cut and pasted do not know why is came out bigger on the right, i have checked cannot see any other markings other than the painted ones visible in the photo

That's funny, but now I can see the join on the pics ! I think it may be a 40x53mm Automatic round, by the length of the case and it looks like there are marks on the case from where a link may have been.

That's funny, but now I can see the join on the pics ! I think it may be a 40x53mm Automatic round, by the length of the case and it looks like there are marks on the case from where a link may have been.

Just had the callipers out and i think you have it nailed at 40x53mm, the guy i bought it of said it was for the automatic grenade launcher I think, I am still going through the lot i bought, it filled my long wheel base transporter when i picked it up:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Dan,

Amen brother, Amen.
Ha Dano thats some postive thinking,you can never count it out,I have ran across some really good deals over time,if I can :tinysmile_classes_tdo it I no you can,I was the last person in the world you would ever thank my meager collection would end up in a museum.Have a good one.
Vinny :tinysmile_classes_t
PS how did the move go.

Photo 2 is the C4 Practice version of the C3 anti-personnel mine, complete with metal locating ring and plug in the base where a spotting charge assembly (percussion cap and smoke composition) would be fitted. Photo 5 is the Firing Device Demolition Grip or `grip switch'. There would have been one of those in the L404 container, together with four flash initiators. Alternatively the same container could house ten flash initiators and no grip switch.

2nd type of gren

Both these drill grenades are different. The first one is an L28A1, solid alluminium body version of the L2, the other is an L4A?, L2 body type, painted blue and HE sub filled.
Both are drill versions of the L2, but the L28 was cheaper to make.

unfortunately these are incomplete so i am looking for "bits" to complete them so if any member can point me in the right direction to find these items i would be grateful:smile:

Two types of fuze were issued with these, the L134 and the L159.

Attachments

• Photo0017.jpg
    Photo0017.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 19