What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New items

AK101

DSC04081.jpg

DSC04085.jpg

DSC04086.jpg

DSC04087.jpg

Anyone have any info on the MKII?

Approximate timeframe that this style may have been used? Thanks

Hey AK

A peek at the bottom of the Mk2 will help narrow things a bit.

Rick

UPDATE! DUH! Just noticed the bottom hole pic. Thanks Mark.

Last edited:
Does the bottom hole have any threads at all? Curious to know more about the four plastic tied devices at the bottom?

Threads on both ends.

The other 'oddballs' in that pic are evidently some of the first flashbang/stun grenades.

The other 'oddballs' in that pic are evidently some of the first flashbang/stun grenades.

Any more info on them? What did the charge container on the inside look like? What was the filler? Can you give us better photos of the labels?

Any more info on them? What did the charge container on the inside look like? What was the filler? Can you give us better photos of the labels?

They are packed up and I'm headed to a trade show tomorrow, I will ask around at the show and see if I can dig up any info on these.

It is obvious that everybody here on this thread knows that they are some type of "Stun Grenades" The rubber around the spoons are probably there to make the spoon as silent as possible when it hits the ground. Would love to see those up close in pictures from various angles. That way we might be able to ID them.

Threads on both ends.

AK101 - not the first, by far, just a few years older than what you are used to seeing. I got mine from a police department in the late 1990s. It is very sililar to your center one, but has a red plastic cover on the handle, with finger grooves. A lot of the distraction devices, gas grenades and general pyrotechnics are semi-local manufacture and don't make it big enough for National exposure. The internet changes this to a certain degree, but small time (manufacturing) is still small time. Many are here and gone before the first order goes out the door. I don't seem to be able to load any photos onto the site this morning so I cannot give you any examples, maybe later.

Anyone have any info on the MKII?

Approximate timeframe that this style may have been used? Thanks

Hi AK101, seems no one answered your MkII question yet, so I will, hope it's of some help and interest to you....your "C" marked MkII pineapple grenade is either slightly pre WW2 or early WW2 era...it was manufactured by the Crane Co. The "28" is a casting lot number. It would have had a threaded lead plug on the bottom at one time if it was ever a live-loaded HE grenade...and if so, it would have been painted either all yellow (pre or early WW2) or OD green with yellow stripe at the top (1942 and after) to signify a loaded live grenade. I see no paint remaining on your body, but for some reason you will also see quite a few Crane Co. bodies with threaded filler holes on bottom, that were pulled from production lines and painted Blue, and then used as MkII training grenades. You will also see many Crane Co. WW2 blue trainers with just an unthreaded hole on bottom that were made in the later war years.