What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New P08

navyman

Hello again,
I've just cancelled christmas as I couldn't resist this, (deac), 1918 P08 Luger. Considering it's age in very good condition field strips and dry fires with no problem.
If any of you millionares out there are feeling generous a contribution to my overdraft would be gratefully received, why save a tiger when you could save a collector!?
Joking of course but I've always fancied a tiger skin rug!
All best,
navyman.

Attachments

• lu 1a.jpg
    lu 1a.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 48
  • lu 2a.jpg
    lu 2a.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 50
  • lu 3a.jpg
    lu 3a.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 41
  • lu 5a.jpg
    lu 5a.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 37
Very nice Guy, it brings back memory's that do, used to have a live one before the politicians screwed things up, great to shoot and thanks for showing it.
Regards
Andy

Canceling xmas . . .for a luger . . Totaly worth it :).Very nice pistol indeed.whats the manufacturer?.Darrol.

Great Luger, surely must be one of the most iconic handguns of all time, I too have been lucky enough to put a few rounds through one many years ago, amazing mechanism ! Are all the numbers matching ?

You also need a mag with a wood button. The alloy mag you have is a WW2 issue.

Regards
TonyE

Hi Navyman,That is worth cancelling Christmas for,the condition is extraordinary considering its age,well done,
Regards,
Don,

Many thanks Tony, I'd been wondering about that. Better keep my eyes open for one, also a holster, but will have to wait until my birthday in January as funds have to be found first!
All best,
Guy.

Hello Deckape,
All numbers match except the mag which Tony E has pointed out is a WW2 issue.
I've shot Lugers in Switzerland and they are very good at 50 mtrs.
Cheers,
navyman.

I shot one once here in the USA. We fired over a hundred rounds threw it. The bore was so badly damaged and had very little lands to it. It was a WWII bringback. Nobody could a can at 20 feet. But they are still worth their weight in Gold though. Congatuations Navyman on your fine..

The P.08 seems to shoot very well if one has small hands like me. I have owned probably a dozen different P.08 pistols over the years (when we were still allowed them) including an LP.08 artillery complete with snail drum and loading tool and a DWM pre WWI commercial.

The most accurate I had was a Mauser S/42 dated 1938 which I used to shoot in competition and outshot all sorts of fancy S&W target guns, even winning prizes in the Bisley meeting. I reloaded with the Lyman truncated cone bullet (#356402 IIRC) which always worked really well.

Regards
TonyE

Hi navyman
To be honest in my experience you are very lucky to get a matching mag with a Luger, very rare. I did have a 1938 all matching Luger except mag a couple of years back but sold it, wish i hadn`t now when i see the prices going up and up ! Maybe one day....
Cheers

Hello again,
I've sent some pics to the company that I purchased the luger from which illustrate the loose grips and the wrong period mag. The following day I had a polite and friendly call from them. They have offered me a period pair of grips and a period mag as a straight swop. Well done WWA ltd.
Definitey happy navyman here, so must be time for a tot.
Cheers.

better bits for P08

Hello All,
I received the replacement grips, grip screw, and WW1 mag from WWA today. The parts fit well with just a tiny bit of tweaking everything now feels much better. Thought you may like to see it, is the mag now correct Tony?
Cheers,
navyman.

Attachments

• lu new 1b.jpg
    lu new 1b.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 11
  • lu new 2b.jpg
    lu new 2b.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 11
  • lu new 3b.jpg
    lu new 3b.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 14