What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pieces

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Got a little new submunition stuff in recently, a French 74mm, Spanish variation on the M42 design and finally a fuze for my South African Alpha Bomb. I forget the Spanish designation but it's logged in the Bombatorium database.

DSCN2237.jpg DSCN2238.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2240.JPG
    DSCN2240.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
We are actually working on the Spanish submunition, we don't know the nomenclature for it (have it listed as unknown). The French one I don't see a publication on it yet, interesting looking design, kind of reminds me of a Brizilian one I saw one time in Iraq.

I love the alpha bomb. Neat design and produce some nasty frag when they go off. They bounce like crazy on a cement floor.

Joe

Thanks John. I've got the Spanish one marked as the HEDP ESPIN, but that could be just a US designation and not the official one, if one exists.

I'm back to work on the Handbook, it's coming along nicely, though just US for now.

not sure ... since I am sitting at home ... but I am almost positive that the ESPIN is the name of the mortar that the sub comes out of. I would have to confirm that on Tuesday. But I thought thats what I saw before I left work.

Joe

That sounds about right. I don't know if the sub carries the designation as well or not.

Nice pieces jeff.
The spanish one is used in Libya now

Attachments

• 16libya3-popup.jpg
    16libya3-popup.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 2011_Libya_Mat120b.jpg
    2011_Libya_Mat120b.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 2011_Libya_Cluster.jpg
    2011_Libya_Cluster.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 33
Has anyone a circuit diagram for the M120 submunition fuze that they would be kind enough to post please?

TIA

TimG