What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nickel plated granatenwerfer round

Hi folks, I have been offered a granatenwerfer round. It is in 9+ condition but is nickel plated. I seem to remember (possibly in here) that the nickel plated granatenwerfer projectiles were used in the Spanish Civil War. Is this true, or did someone just decide to nickel plate this round for visual effect? I realize the nickel plating could have been done at any time, but then did also hear that the Spanish Ciil War ones were all nickel plated. The price is average and I already have two, but too much is never enough! (quote MTV). Any opinions most definately appreciated....Dananananano

There is I believe a Spanish made version

As to nickle plating on something like this for field service, I don't believe it. Buy it and get the plating off. If it's nickle and not chrome muriatic acid might work.