What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No 23 Mk II Detonator Query

Christoff

I'm hoping somone can help me with a couple of queries.

What diameter was the the No 23 Mk II Mills detonator zinc head ? both thick end and thin. (forgive my description) and what length was it.

Also what length was the entire detonator from end to end ?

Kind Regards

Christoff

Last edited:
Christoff . The anvil on the tapered Mills dets is .62" long x .56" at base & .364" at the top . The overall length of the complete det. set is 1.90" . The earlier ones with the straight sides would have been similar dimensions but without the narrower top measurement . here's a scan of a No36 det. group that would be about the same . If you need any , let me know. Siegfreid.

mvc-052s.jpg

Many thanks for the info Siegfreid. I'll admit that my understanding of the imperial measurement is not to hot. May I ask what the measurements are in metric.

Kind Regards

Chris

I don't have a metric guage ! I'm old fashioned & only really use Imperial calipers . I think if you multiply by 2.4 you'll the the metric equivalent .