What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No.30 Tailpistol Spring

bloome

I just snapped up this nice No.30 Pistol.

I need drawings/dimensions of the (mostly) missing tension spring
Someone got a spare? :tinysmile_shy_t:

Many thanks for replying.

Bloomey,,these pics any use to you ?
This spring is in my bakelite no30

Attachments

• DSC00494.JPG
    DSC00494.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00495.JPG
    DSC00495.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00496.JPG
    DSC00496.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Hello Spotter! I do not believe that your feather/spring original am! Exhibition times my feather/spring is built to 90% into my UK-Bombenzndern on. Greeting Harry

Attachments

• Bild 444.jpg
    Bild 444.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Bild 445.jpg
    Bild 445.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Bild 446.jpg
    Bild 446.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 8
Thanks Harry,,I bought my pistol so the original spring in mine must have been replaced at some time
hmmmm so thats two new springs needed now 1 for me and 1 for bloomy

Thanks Harry,,I bought my pistol so the original spring in mine must have been replaced at some time
hmmmm so thats two new springs needed now 1 for me and 1 for bloomy

Wait till my springs are ready! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t!!

Since one cannot buy these feathers/springs in Germany, I get which of a friend made.:ciao:

I been looking at mine again and found another drawing of a no30...ive just noticed the different style of strikers,,could that account for my spring been different to yours

Attachments

• DSC00491.JPG
    DSC00491.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Untitled35.jpg
    Untitled35.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 30

I know! But are special preparations fit with springs!!! Cost per Stck= 9,82. - with decrease of 50 pieces. Is too expensive me. Make are cheaper.

The striker on the no28 was a blunt striker and on the No30 it was pointed see sectioned examples,
The spring on the No28 is conical where as the No30 it would just be a normal spiral spring.

Attachments

• pistols.jpg
    pistols.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 42
The striker on the no28 was a blunt striker and on the No30 it was pointed see sectioned examples,
The spring on the No28 is conical where as the No30 it would just be a normal spiral spring.

All springs of my No. 30s are in conical shape.

Hello! That does not have anything thereby to do whether it for a Perkusionsdetonator or a Friktionsdetonator was. The original feathers/springs are conical whether for 28 - 30 - etc. Property pictures a few of my 28 still made. Harry

Attachments

• Bild 447.jpg
    Bild 447.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 28
  • Bild 448.jpg
    Bild 448.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Bild 449.jpg
    Bild 449.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 30
Thats interesting because ive just stripped several No30 in my collection and the springs are all conical , there must be some manufacturing leeway. the problem the material is so thin it dissentergrates in pistols found nowadays

Hello Fuzeman! The firing pin in the Schnittmodel No.30 is not original! This-belonged into a No.65 Mk I. these has 2 teiligen firing pins. Harry

Hi alan yes it looks as though they have used the wrong striker in the drawing , ive checked the Bible Ie British bomb and Rocket Pistols and fuzes plus Ap1661 Picture from AP1661

Attachments

• pistols strikers 002.jpg
    pistols strikers 002.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator: