What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No.4 ?? Grenade.

poltewerke

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
allo all, have acquired the gren shown in image - is it correct in that the tail adapter is different from those shown in official drawings. Any help would be of use. RonB.

No.4?? Gren.??

Sorry guys, forgot the photo - I'm a silly boy. RonB.

Attachments

• fuzes & grens. 086.jpg
    fuzes & grens. 086.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 58
allo all, have acquired the gren shown in image - is it correct in that the tail adapter is different from those shown in official drawings. Any help would be of use. RonB.

Lucky you Ron. It is a Grenade, .303-inch Long Rifle, No 10 Mark I /N/ adapted for use as an aerial bomb by use of Tail, No 3. Basically it is the No 4 but with a different muzzle adapter to suit the Long rather than Short LE. Have to say the adapter looks just slightly shorter than it should do but hey, I have probably only seen half a dozen so what do I know.

Brilliant bit of heritage, well saved.

Last edited:
No.10 w/tail unit.

Thanks Norman, I did not mention that it came with a long rod but the tail unit was screw fitted to grenade, the fin unit has been varnished over but think it is genuine ( wish l could feel confident about some other grens l have) The internals consist of fore and aft wooden spacers with a thick lead washer occupying the central position. Cheers, RonB.

Last edited: