What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No. 4 Mk II spike bayonet

Slick

Rummaging through the assortments at a yard sale, I stumbled across this greasy/cosmoliney bayo (now cleaned). Having had an Enfiled rifle in the past, I knew what this was. There was no price tag on it. Asked the lady running the show for a price. She asked what it was. I told her an old Army knife. She asked what it was worth. I played dumb and said I'd give $5 for it just because it was weird looking. Her having no attachment to it, she accepted my offer. Considering $20 might be a "normal" price(less scabbard, which is usually missing) for one in these parts, I feel I got a deal. And they got rid of more of their stuff. Win-win.

This is a Long Branch(Canadian made) specimen. They only made 910,000 of them. Just something more for the collection.

bayonet 1 (2).jpg bayonet 2 (2).jpg bayonet 3 (2).jpg

**** Looking for a frog for it ****

Last edited:
I just sold a P14 rifle and bayonet, i can see why our Home guard liked them, more like a pike than a rifle and bayonet. I said to a friend who bought it that it was most probably a big disappointment to end up with a little pig sticker as they called the No 4 from being used to a long bayonet that would be quite intimidating being on the receiving end and end up having a thing that resembled a long sharpe nail, bit of a big let down. Nice find, saw one at a car boot sale in the UK last week but the seller knew what it was and thought it was worth millions because it had a 44 date on it, might have been used on D day mentality, so passed it up.

Last edited: