What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No.7 pull-pressure switch help...

turpin42

Hi all
Got a hold of a relic no.7 pressure-pull switch at the weekend (Thanks Ben!)
I know this is a snowballs chance in hell but does anyone have a spare endcap to the battery compartment or push/pull plate from the top of the switch?:tinysmile_cry_t:
If i have to make one, is there anyone who can help with the sizes and hole placement for the push/pull plate? By scaling up drawings i get a diameter of 33,7 mm, thickness of 3,2 mm and the two holes, 3,5 mm with 22mm center to center. Is this roughtly right?
Colour is stated as Olive drab but i've seen some service brown ones on the net (i do like good old service brown) what is correct?
Thanks for any help

All the best
T42

I'm getting a diameter of 31.5mm, thickness of 2.5mm, distance between the holes of 22mm and diameter of the holes 2mm

Hope this helps

Thanks for the help

Hi Sgtlynn
Thanks for that. Scaling up drawings helps to get close, but to get the actual sizes is the best!
Thanks again

All the very best

T42

So far so good...

Heres a couple of pics.
You can see why i need a new endcap :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
The body had some rust holes and quite a lot of pitting but has come up better than i had hoped, and looked OK after a repaint.
I have contact with a guy who is a devil with a lathe but i can't work out the thread for the centre of the missing disc, does anyone know?

Thanks again and all the best
T42

Attachments

• endcap.jpg
    endcap.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 65
  • No.7.jpg
    No.7.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 69
  • No.7 2.jpg
    No.7 2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 68
What do you think to this one??
I picked it up today and wanted to know if it is genuine. As they appear to repro everything these days I wondered if this was Ok as its not my area. It has an obvious re-paint as I can clearly see remnents of green paint underneath and also the positive and negative marks appear to be beneath the paint.
Also were they ever painted in this colour scheme, or is it pure fantasy??
Please let me know your thoughts
kind regards Kev

HPIM7005.jpgHPIM7004.jpg

Hi Kev
Looks good to me Kev, nice Find.
Haven't seen that kind of markings before, sure someone out there will know.
Still looking for a cap for the battery compartment...

All the best
T42

Hi Kev
Nice item
Looks fine to me too - I can't see anyone copying this type of switch, so I would say definitely genuine. Strange colour scheme and markings which I have not seen before, but looks tatty enough to be legit? I take your point about the positive and negative marks being beneath the last coat?!?, but I do know that some of these switches were modified / refurbished to improve their safety before they were scrapped completely. Unusual to say the least. Bonnex is the man who should know for sure.

Cheers

Switch

Thankyou T42 and Switch for your input.

The colour underneath appears to be green with a red undercoat. The positive and negative symbols are raised in the overcoat, so I suspect they are underneath, but as yet I am unsure of any way of removing a top coat of paint without damaging the paint beneath, so I will leave 'as is' for now. From this and a previous thread I note that there is a white star painted on the green paint indicating 'modification' ........I cannot see any signs of this 'star' beneath the top coat (though that does not mean its not there, just not prominent)
Does anyone know what modifications were undertaken?

regards Kev