What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No.94 Grenade?

poltewerke

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Hi everyone, Have posted images of three 'inert' rifle grenades. The bottom one takes the short type det. The middle grenade also takes a short det., but as you see has a stepped tube, relocated fins and different det. seating pocket. Top grenade is operational British Mk.2? Does anyone have information on the bottom and especially the centre grenade? ln anticipation, RonB.

Attachments

• Energa 013.jpg
    Energa 013.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Energa 002.jpg
    Energa 002.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Energa 005.jpg
    Energa 005.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 21
Hi everyone, Have posted images of three 'inert' rifle grenades. The bottom one takes the short type det. The middle grenade also takes a short det., but as you see has a stepped tube, relocated fins and different det. seating pocket. Top grenade is operational British Mk.2? Does anyone have information on the bottom and especially the centre grenade? ln anticipation, RonB.

Ron,

If it is from a British source then my suggestion would be that the centre grenade is an early delivery of the British Mark 1 based on the Model 1951. The colour and lack of stencilling are consistent with early supplies.

Not at all sure about the bottom one but a candidate is the Model 1948 whcih was acquired by the British in small quantities for use in Korea. I have not seen one but I do have a drawing which I will consult over the weekend.

They're great rifle grenades. I have two in my collection at the moment, one is practice and the other is a practice marker, but am looking to expand on these. Nice to see.

Wicked rifle grenades

Hi RonB, I know I have been of little (no) help to your questions here on BOCN. I know little about rifle grenade variants (especially non US) but do know I like them. My knowledge on small arms ammo is even worse. Just wanted to comment that I do really like the rifle grenades because they have a high degree of a look of wickdness to them. Great pics and i'm a learnin' (I hope)...Best..Dano

Got to agree with you Dano. The grenades made for the L1 rifle look like you wouldn't want to piss around on the wrong end! BAD BOYS!