What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No women?

M

Mikey25

Something struck me today.. Why aren't there any active women on this forum? :tinysmile_eyebrow_t

You guys should have a contest to locate a female collector and have her signing up.. :p

Its a tough request matey,trust me on that.
Im still laughing thinking of Jack and Ben in drag at the stall!! :laugh:

best

waff

my wife collects Wren, WAAF and various other ww2 related stuff, but no ordnance.
She is a member of a forum that has these items.
She also occasionally wears the WAAF uniform on open days at Bletchley park.

In 35+ Years I have never personally met a woman that collected ordnance, although I hope there are some!

my opinion

i gues its better the woman should not know for what the hole salary are gone in the month !!!:tinysmile_shy_t:

Because you know the waepons of the woman are looking much better but we have the bigger inventory !!:smile:

wbr David

Yeah, very accurate replies here, for this I live with Mum. No problems on where is the money? Why you buy this "thing" of metal? My girlfriend loves what I collect and always come with me when go to Ciney and for vacation visiting WWII Battlefields and Museums. Im very lucky with this. And as you can see, she loves German stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_8395.jpg
    IMG_8395.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8195.jpg
    IMG_8195.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Vimoutiers 10.jpg
    Vimoutiers 10.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5700.jpg
    IMG_5700.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
why no women

been told its cos women have got more sense.
wots she know anyway.
er sorry love just taking out the garbage i'm doing the pots next

my wife (bocn member sara) has a small collection of german ordnance items,she thinks theyre pretty compared to other countries stuff,she also likes aircraft so taking her on a romantic day out to duxford museum next week

The closest Ive ever come to having an ""ordnance interested significant other"",would be a girl friend I talked into going target shooting one time.

After a lengthy safety/instructional period,her first solo shot,with a Glock .45,resulted in 4 stiches to the forehead for her,and me back on the dating circuit shortly after.:nerd:

Hey Miguel,

I see why your girlfriend loves the German stuff,
Look at photo 3, she looks very happy in that one :xd:

Sure, but you know why she is smiling.... because that barrel recall her a very special thing from me..... :ridinghorse: