What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No women?

Miguel ,I think with a smile like that she was thinking of some Big Kiwi boys when she was straddling the gun....LOL

I know a couple of ladys here in NZ that seriously collect militaria and firearms,one collects Marlin Lever action carbines and NZ Related militaria the other collects WWI items and the WWI period Bainsfather china.
Both have collector husbands and have done gunshows and auctions for as long as I can remember.
They also put a lot of effort into promoting the hobby and campaigning for firearms users/collectors.I have to take my hat off to these girls and the contribution that they make.

They are the exception,most are happy to tolerate their husbands/partners hobby and no doubt secretly hope that some day we will grow out of it...LOL and from years of "casual observation" at gunshows while manning displays and sales tables I can attest that yes some excellent examples of the fairer sex do visit the shows sadly 99.9% of them look bored to death and dont appear to be future collector material worth nurturing. It would be so nice for one to take an interest in Stick Grenades,I would be only to happy to offer a private viewing.....

MG34NZ

Something struck me today.. Why aren't there any active women on this forum? :tinysmile_eyebrow_t

Hi Mikey25

and me !!!???!!!

moche.jpg

kz11gr, that is one ugly thing and if I have nightmares about whatever that thing is called, you will be hearing from me.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

If I ever meet a female ordnance collector and she has a crooked eye I'll be on her like a hobo on a bologna sandwich. Ohhh baby!!!
kz11gr where you find a picture of my mother-in-law? Now you guys know why I sleep with one eye open.

I often get a very odd look when I bring something home~~

Then I tell her that I simply don't understand why Girls don't collect these?

Then there is the C.O.W. 1 1/2Pr. Practice shot-------- :xd:

("and me !!!???!!!" to Quote kz11gr--- your sister?" the things you see when you don't have a Gun ~)

Attachments

• IMG_9806.jpg
    IMG_9806.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
From my years of attending ECRA fairs I would say that perhaps 5-10% of those present are women, but they are almost invariably wives or partners who have been persuaded to mind the stalls while their menfolk go looking for more ammo to buy...

Miguel ,I think with a smile like that she was thinking of some Big Kiwi boys when she was straddling the gun....LOL

I know a couple of ladys here in NZ that seriously collect militaria and firearms,one collects Marlin Lever action carbines and NZ Related militaria the other collects WWI items and the WWI period Bainsfather china.
Both have collector husbands and have done gunshows and auctions for as long as I can remember.
They also put a lot of effort into promoting the hobby and campaigning for firearms users/collectors.I have to take my hat off to these girls and the contribution that they make.

They are the exception,most are happy to tolerate their husbands/partners hobby and no doubt secretly hope that some day we will grow out of it...LOL and from years of "casual observation" at gunshows while manning displays and sales tables I can attest that yes some excellent examples of the fairer sex do visit the shows sadly 99.9% of them look bored to death and dont appear to be future collector material worth nurturing. It would be so nice for one to take an interest in Stick Grenades,I would be only to happy to offer a private viewing.....

MG34NZ
Sounds like marrying material to me...Dano