What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No106 MK XII

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,

Maybe a question for Bonnex !

I found a British fuze N106 Mk12 from ww1.

So I'd like to know what are the differences in the Mk12.

Cheers

Hello,

Maybe a question for Bonnex !

I found a British fuze N106 Mk12 from ww1.

So I'd like to know what are the differences in the Mk12.

Cheers

I'm afraid my notes only take the 106 up to Mark VII and the 106E to Mark X. I will have a look in Lists of Changes and get back to you if I find anything.

Minenaz16.

Do you have an image of this fuze? Out of the seven variants of the No. 106 fuze, "Land Service Fuzes, 1962" shows none of them as having more than 9 marks.

TimG

Looked as promised but nothing found in Lists of Changes or the Annual Reports of the Ordnance Committee for the war years. Also, it turns out that the 106E Mark 10 is an Indian design and not for UK consumption (it is slightly more complicated than that but the detail is not relevant here).

As Tim says a photo of the markings would/might be helpful.

Hello,

I'm really sorry but I think I made ​​a mistake. I saw the mark quickly and now looking at the picture I think "XII" is for something else (Maybe for December -17).

Ouups !

I'll check all the markings in this fuze this week.

Regards.

IMG_0558.JPG

Hello,

I'm really sorry but I think I made ​​a mistake. I saw the mark quickly and now looking at the picture I think "XII" is for something else (Maybe for December -17).

Ouups !

I'll check all the markings in this fuze this week.

Regards.

No problem. Photographs showing all of the markings would be of interest.

Hello,

After a little cleaning I finally noticed an incomplete marking 106IIA

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Regards.

IMG_0736.JPGIMG_0738.JPGIMG_0739.JPG

Not at all. The use of Roman numerals for a month code must have caused some problems to personnel at the time. Easily confused with the Mark numerals.