What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No23 Mk2 new addition

MG34NZ

Heres one I found at the weekend...very friendly price for a change as well, Its sporting a No23MK2 base plug so I assume thats what it is. Centre tube is brass ,striker is slotted.Traces of original paint remain on the body with shelac finish then some Red at the top with remnants of pink around the centre and lever also has some remains of shelac. Looks like a "n" or a "D" on the front with 36 below it.
Hope you like it

Attachments

• grenades 018.jpg
    grenades 018.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 45
  • grenades 019.jpg
    grenades 019.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 43
  • grenades 020.jpg
    grenades 020.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 39
  • grenades 022.jpg
    grenades 022.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 54
  • grenades 017.jpg
    grenades 017.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 36
Looks like a nice grenade with all original parts. A nice find. The letter and number on the front will be casting marks. The maker Wm W & S Ltd is quite a rare plug (and an unknown maker). So good all round.

John

No.23 MkII

Heres one I found at the weekend...very friendly price for a change as well, Its sporting a No23MK2 base plug so I assume thats what it is. Centre tube is brass ,striker is slotted.Traces of original paint remain on the body with shelac finish then some Red at the top with remnants of pink around the centre and lever also has some remains of shelac. Looks like a "n" or a "D" on the front with 36 below it.
Hope you like it

A good find there. Base plug markings are likely to be William Whiteley and Sons Ltd, of Huddersfield, Yorkshire.

Tom.

:tinysmile_fatgrin_tThanks for the comments and information guys,I was stoked to find this one,it made my weekend!