What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No74 grenade containers

Metal Box for 5 No 74 "Sticky Bombs"

Here are a couple of pics of a metal box that would have held 5 no 74 grenades. It was for sale on ebay years ago, and I got sniped on it by about 1.25 3 seconds before the end ! That was back in the good old days when there was actually something decent for sale. Tony.

Attachments

• 78_1_b.jpg
    78_1_b.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 177
  • ba_1_b.jpg
    ba_1_b.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 163
?

Hi Tony,I bet you wish you had bid a bit more!I agree about the lack of stuff for sale.Too many collectors? Cheers Tony.:smile:

How much did it go for Tony?
I saw one sell at auction a few months ago, went for around 50 as far as I can remember.

Quatermass

Hi Tony,I bet you wish you had bid a bit more!I agree about the lack of stuff for sale.Too many collectors? Cheers Tony.:smile:
Hi Tony, Yes I could have bid a bit more but where do you stop ? it's quite easy to get auction fever and pay far too much for something, I'm sure we have all done it in the past. As far as items for sale goes, without the stuff coming in from overseas, maybe the fairs will get better again ? Tony.

How much did it go for Tony?
I saw one sell at auction a few months ago, went for around 50 as far as I can remember.

Quatermass
Hi QM, more than that I think ? if I had seen another one I would have been interested, it would give me somewhere to keep mine. Tony.

Hi Tony,im hoping to get to Beltring this year,will be my first fair!Will see what happens.Since Ebay banned ordnance im better off though!Best Tony.

No 74 Grenade Containers

I resurrected this thread because I tripped over these scans of glass negatives which grenade buffs might like to see.

Pack 1 is the familiar suitcase which is part of Crate No 69 and Pack 2 is similar to Box, Steel, No G110 but could be a prototype since these are from MD1 documents.

Attachments

• No74pack1.jpg
    No74pack1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 63
  • No74pack2.jpg
    No74pack2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited: