What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Number 3 Release Switch

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Bought this No3 Release Swich at pudsey ,these were used to detonate boobytraps,yes its relic but its ok for me as a demo piece and only 3.I painted the inside components just to make it easier to see whats what.I think this may be a MK2 as the MK1 shown in the drawing does not have the extra spring as in mine,,,any further info welcome

DSC00115.jpg

well its an unusual item spotter.have you thought about restoring the whole project at all?

waff

The release switch was developed by MD1 and at that point called simply the Release switch. The drawing posted earlier shows the release switch, I know its marked as No. 3 Mk. 1, but I think they simply used a drawing by MD1. When adopted for army use, as a modification the spring was added. The resulting switch being adopted as the Switch, No. 3 Mk. 1 Release. My opinion anyway. Harder to find without the spring than with it. If you check "Churchills Toyshop" you will see the same drawing.

Thanks for the additional info sarge,,
waff ref a full restoration ..no its not worth it these can be picked up in good condititon this was only 3.00 This is complete apart from the fuze adapter if anyone knows where i can get one please let me know

Thank you very much Ravenhook,,i will PM you my details soon,,,much appreciated ...spotter