What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NVA and Vietcong Grenades?

MrArmsRacer

Ordnance approved
Hello Everyone,

I have been collecting images for quite some time on NVA and Vietcong Ordnance, including improvised, modified and standard ordnance. This hobby of mine started when I was a Combat Engineer. So I was wondering what kind of information and images do you guys have for me? I have run into stagnation since I have gone through most of the usual channels for information and now I would like to see what this motley crew of ordnance gents has to offer. Thanks in advance guys.

Mike,

The best book that I know of is entitled: "Weapons and Field of the North Vietnamese Army and Viet Cong" By Edward J. Emering. ISBN 0-7643-0583-2 You might still want to check Amazon.com, Bookfinder.com, or even E-Bay because I believe it is out of print.

Some info about improvised vc grenades(1969) in attachments..

Attachments

• grenades viet nam version-1.jpg
    grenades viet nam version-1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 63
  • grenades viet nam version-2.jpg
    grenades viet nam version-2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 62
  • grenades viet nam version-3.jpg
    grenades viet nam version-3.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 53
  • grenades viet nam version-4.jpg
    grenades viet nam version-4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 48
  • grenades viet nam version-5.jpg
    grenades viet nam version-5.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 54
  • grenades viet nam version-6.jpg
    grenades viet nam version-6.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 48
  • grenades viet nam version-7.jpg
    grenades viet nam version-7.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 53
Have you tried the search function on this site yet? There have been numerous discussions in the past -

US-Subs, I have looked through the majority of this site for everything and found some great info. I just bring it up to see if I can bring out any of that held back knowledge some of you guys have that hasn't made its way to the boards yet, to start the gears turning so to speak. I have talked to V-40 in the past on a number of topics. This was just to start some new dicussions because I have hit that wall in research. I plan on running some replicas and inerts for myself and I need some good images and layouts to go off of. Thanks again guys.

By the way, If anyone is interested, the book that V40 recommended is still available. I ordered a new copy today and there were still more copies available. Vaughn