What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd 25mm Oerlikon Projectile

Darren

I have this 25mm Oerlikon projectile, obviously TP (still has remains of blue paint) but unlike all others ive seen this one has a tracer?? Are these common?

I am looking for a good condition 25mm x 137mm green steel case for this projectile, if anyone has a spare pleae PM me.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 35
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 36
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 33
Looks like a US M-793 25mm used in the bushmaster loaded by ATK and GD-OTS. Or depending on age could have been loaded by Honeywell, Aerojet or Olin. When I worked for GD-OTS we loaded thousands of these and its big brother the M 792 HE.

Looks like a US M-793 25mm used in the bushmaster loaded by ATK and GD-OTS. Or depending on age could have been loaded by Honeywell, Aerojet or Olin. When I worked for GD-OTS we loaded thousands of these and its big brother the M 792 HE.

Thanks for the reply, that looks to be exactly what it is.

Just need to find a correct case now!

Could be Dutch to, we stil use them for the 25 mm oerlikon canon.

Hi Darren
I might have a case.
Can you send me a pic of what you want & I will look.
All my surplus is currently boxed up for fairs so I`ll have to have a rummage!!

Any idea of the length of the projectile? I have just measured mine and it measures 123mm total length, tracer included.

Reason I ask is that the diagram shown here http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/cv/weapon/M242.html of the M793 TP-T indicates a shorter length.

Last edited:
Hi Darren
I might have a case.
Can you send me a pic of what you want & I will look.
All my surplus is currently boxed up for fairs so I`ll have to have a rummage!!

It will be a 25mm x 137mm green steel case but as for markings/headstamp I am not sure. Perhaps someone will be able to offer more info on the case also.