What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, what type of artillery was this for???

MissingSomething

Here is a 1944 MK VI clinometer used for????????

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

Thanks for the help.... :wink:

from what i have been able to find the Indian clinometer was used for surveying and not as a gun clinometer

It looks like an 'Indian Clinometer' to me. These are surveying instruments used to calculate the angle between the horizontal plane and the top of a distant object. By using trigonometry, the height of the distant object can be calculated if the distance from it is known, or the distance can be calculated if the height is known. This instrument was used by civilian and military surveyors. Examples of use in WWII would be Royal Engineers surveyors, such as those involved with collecting map data, and probably even more common, Royal Artillery and Royal Canadian Artillery Surveyors, making surveys to get artillery regiments on the same 'theatre grid'

It looks like an 'Indian Clinometer' to me. These are surveying instruments used to calculate the angle between the horizontal plane and the top of a distant object. By using trigonometry, the height of the distant object can be calculated if the distance from it is known, or the distance can be calculated if the height is known. This instrument was used by civilian and military surveyors. Examples of use in WWII would be Royal Engineers surveyors, such as those involved with collecting map data, and probably even more common, Royal Artillery and Royal Canadian Artillery Surveyors, making surveys to get artillery regiments on the same 'theatre grid'

You are correct. Thanks jayteepee :xd:

Here is a link with some more info on it...

http://books.google.com/books?id=EM...=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result#PRA1-PA337,M1