What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old MOD Rifle Ranges.

christhurston

Premium Member
Hello Chaps,
In a recent post I mentioned the local disused rifle range,and the byelaws dated 2/12/39 that I had come across relating to this range and anything that might be found there,these I thought would have long since lapsed.Evidently,I am mistaken,although the area is probably little changed since WWII,it is used by the general public for various things and as far as I know anyone can go there.However,it seems that any interest in what may be under the turf is still taboo,and the fine for contravening any of the byelaws relating to the removal of,or possession of any shot,shell or other projectile or portions thereof have increased a hundredfold.It's probably safe to assume that the byelaw that mentions confiscation of any vehicle being used during such activities is also still in force.I would have remained blissfully unaware of all this,but since my post regarding this range,an addition has been made to the original PDF document available on Google which updates the maximum fine to 500 as of 01/09/2008,and presumably in so doing confirms that all of the byelaws are still very much alive!!!

Regards Chris.

Last edited: