What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OLD PHOTO ....... BOMB / MINE or SOMETHING ELSE ?? I.D. REQUIRED

butterfly

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Hello everyone...

Now this one may be a bit of a tester as far as identification goes as the photo is very small.

It appears to be a large bomb or mine suspended on a crane. Can anyone identify exactly what it is?

I include a photo of the writing on the rear of the card, I would appreciate a translation, it may give some indication??

Any help appreciated.

kindest regards Kev

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

Hello everyone...

Now this one may be a bit of a tester as far as identification goes as the photo is very small.

It appears to be a large bomb or mine suspended on a crane. Can anyone identify exactly what it is?

I include a photo of the writing on the rear of the card, I would appreciate a translation, it may give some indication??

Any help appreciated.

kindest regards Kev

View attachment 54201View attachment 54202View attachment 54200 literally: "loading bombs on an airfield".

According to the proportions of the bomb and the surounding men, I believe the bomb being bigger than 250kg.

Thankyou madoc44 and sudelmuk for your input, much appreciated.

I have to admit that when I first looked at the photo I thought the bomb/mine to be much bigger. Since I scanned it into the computer and was able to zoom in on it ( wonders of technology !!) it would appear not to be as big as I first thought.

However, I have to agree with sudelmuk, I think this one is larger than a 250kg .... (comparison to men) possibly 500kg?

kind regards Kev

If I'm not wrong, bombs bigger than 500 kg have a tail with a circle on the end.
This on the pic have it not. Thus I think it's not more as a 500 kg.

Yoda