What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

on a sad note

When copying a line drawing from a Delhmme WW1 grenade book, it brought to mind a sad thing. Lewis Lconnochie AKA murdos bunker, who had the reprint rights to the Delhomme books and a BOCN member passed away a few weeks back. Lewis was one hell of a guy and I bought my Delhomme reprints (which hw gave me permission to use any info for reprint or publication (i.e. info for my book which has fallen dormant)) from him and several grendes/mortars over the years. He was from Scotland and one hell of a human being. I for one will miss him. Maybe many of you already knew, but I got the news from his widow Kate a few weeks back. A true loss to the collecting community and humanity in general. I was not sure of Lewis's exact age but somewhere in mid 50's..Dano

Last edited:
How sad, i am very sorry to hear the news. I have had dealings with him in the past both buying and selling and thought he was a great and very knowlegeable guy.

Dano, please pass on my condolences to his wife and ime sure that all the rest of the BOCN membership would like to do the same.

Andy

How sad, i am very sorry to hear the news. I have had dealings with him in the past both buying and selling and thought he was a great and very knowlegeable guy.

Dano, please pass on my condolences to his wife and ime sure that all the rest of the BOCN membership would like to do the same.

Andy
Consider it a done deal Andy, Yeah I really liked Lewis. A few years back he bent over backwards to make sure I got a granatenwerfer projectile because he knew I did not have one and how badly I did want one. One heck of a guy...D

I also had many dealing with him, his wife and son must be devastated. He was a very nice person indeed. Any idea what happened ? was it an accident i.e. something out of his hands / control ? Please advise, I would like to write to his family. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: