What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation big lift my sc250

satan18

Finally,after a bit of negotiation and a very good friend who helped me
out with enquirys,i now have an SC 250 with a lovely EOD history.

This was found in a Blue circle cement works site on 26 Sept 1992.

It had the single fuse pocket containing an ELAZ 25.

The fuse pocket was removed and another hole cut into the side of the casing.

The bomb was removed from its hole and taken to a remote part of Essex
and Steamed out on the 6th October 1992.

This is probably one of the last 250s to be immunised this way and consider myself fortunate to own it.

Fits into a vauxhall Astra quite nicely:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Attachments

• SC250 AND TAILS 001.jpg
    SC250 AND TAILS 001.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 103
  • SC250 AND TAILS 002.jpg
    SC250 AND TAILS 002.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Niiiiice! :p 'Big-Lift' part one i assume old chap? ;) Hopefully 'Fibro' pays dividends too? Im crossing everything i have!

best

waff

It has sweet track marks like my 50kg. Always nice to see as they tell their own story.
I reckon a clean then a lick oil and i bet she comes up a treat.

cheers

waff

Niiiiice! :p 'Big-Lift' part one i assume old chap? ;) Hopefully 'Fibro' pays dividends too? Im crossing everything i have!

best

waff

This does tempt me to leave it as it is but i could put it back with a fuse pocket and fully restore it.

Just very lucky to get it especially with a history as it was a BD bomb whether 60 years ago or 20 years ago still the same for the man doing the job,and that alone paints a picture of wartime BD.

Best phil

This does tempt me to leave it as it is but i could put it back with a fuse pocket and fully restore it.

Just very lucky to get it especially with a history as it was a BD bomb whether 60 years ago or 20 years ago still the same for the man doing the job,and that alone paints a picture of wartime BD.

Best phil

On second thoughts and a good look at it,then yes i agree you should go for full restore. :)
correct dated fuze in pocket and presto!

best
waff

On second thoughts and a good look at it,then yes i agree you should go for full restore. :)
correct dated fuze in pocket and presto!

best
waff

Me thinks so to :tinysmile_twink_t2:

A nice RHS 1940 25 as the bomb is boldly dated 40 to.

will still leave the track marks in though.

Best phil

Me thinks so to :tinysmile_twink_t2:

A nice RHS 1940 25 as the bomb is boldly dated 40 to.

will still leave the track marks in though.

Best phil

Track marks essential!!!
You say have a 40 dated 25?,if not then im sure old waffo can sort you out :)

w

Track marks essential!!!
You say have a 40 dated 25?,if not then im sure old waffo can sort you out :)

w

Thanks for the geno offer bud,for which i have 4 to choose from but even better with a nice 39 Elaz25:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Best phil, or even a very nice 17A dropped in

Thanks for the geno offer bud,for which i have 4 to choose from but even better with a nice 39 Elaz25:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Best phil, or even a very nice 17A dropped in

Oooooh! *whistles through teeth* :bigsmile:

Lets see what transpires then old chap.. 'Fibro' still active. ;)

best

waff

Oooooh! *whistles through teeth* :bigsmile:

Lets see what transpires then old chap.. 'Fibro' still active. ;)

best

waff

Will be touching base soon with my main man on the case as its almost like the embryo of a little deal i fancy:tinysmile_twink_t2: RHS !!!!!!!

Best phil

Very nice Phil, its in cracking condition considering its been lying around for over 47 years. Are there any photos of it when it was in the ground?
Dave.

Very nice Phil, its in cracking condition considering its been lying around for over 47 years. Are there any photos of it when it was in the ground?
Dave.

Thanks Dave
As far as i know the Army holds any pictures of it at the time for which i will be knocking on there door to see.

I dont think they are classified now but more than likely used for training
purposes.

Best phil

very nice phil great little project and its nice to have some histroy as well

regards lee

Congratulations on the SC 250 Phil (and the SC500 wings too!!) Both nice items.
Is that still traces of green paint on the bomb body, or are my eyes deceiving me??

If you decide to 'restore' this one Phil, take plenty of photos first - that way you will also preserve its history to keep with it.

So which German WW2 aircrafts bomb bay are you trying to fill???? LOL !!!!

regards Kev

Congratulations on the SC 250 Phil (and the SC500 wings too!!) Both nice items.
Is that still traces of green paint on the bomb body, or are my eyes deceiving me??

If you decide to 'restore' this one Phil, take plenty of photos first - that way you will also preserve its history to keep with it.

So which German WW2 aircrafts bomb bay are you trying to fill???? LOL !!!!

regards Kev

Thanks Kev
Yes that is a fair amount of green paint you see there but mostly confined to the centre body.
Its going to be restored back to near how it looked as although it has got a nice history there just arnt enough complete ones about.

At least its a managable weight as i lifted it on my own which wasnt to bad.

Those German armourers must have been rufty tufty blokes in those days
as i wouldnt want to lug those things around all day.

Best phil