What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

origin of 20mm hispano

smle2009

Hi to all,
Looking for the country of manufacture of this 20mm hispano practice round,black plastic body,brass base and 'fuze' and headstamped 20MM M55 7 (crylic?).

Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• P6170001.JPG
    P6170001.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 32
  • P6170002.JPG
    P6170002.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 42
Ha, beaten to it!
I was going to post some pictures of the example I picked up recently but you got in first. Did you get yours from the same mail order company that I did?!
I reckon that the drill round is of Yugoslavian origin for their M55 20 m/m Hispano cannon system. I shall check again but I think it was a triple barrelled system fed from drums and mounted on a two wheeeled carriage. The manufacturers mark puzzles me at this time. An interesting addition to the collection of Hispano rounds that I have, having never seen a nylon bodied example before.

20mm id

MBL= MILAN BLAGOJEVIC LUCANI OF SERBIA
hope this helps
regards
tom

Thanks lads,much appreciated.
Boxcar this one came from WWA,same place as yours?

All the best

Tony

To SMLE2009 & Tomsk.

Tony,
The round did indeed come courtesy of WWA...their latest catalogue came in a week or two ago and this item just said "Buy Me"!

Tomsk,
Thanks for the info on the manufacturer - this means I can complete the catalogue card details on this one.