What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORIGINAL Paint, Or Not ORIGINAL? That is the question

Kilroy was Here

Hello! pics of M39 Egg. What do think about the paint on the body? Is the paint Original, or not? I have never seen a carry ring painted before? I am not concerned with the fuse, I feel it is 100%, I would like opinions of the body paint.

On late war Egg grenades, did they still use the Red primer? OR did that depend on company that manufactured it? I do not see any primer on this grenade.

Regards, Steve

Attachments

• m39a.jpg
    m39a.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 43
  • m39b.jpg
    m39b.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 43
that ones rubbish....its repainted and if its the one I think it is its being marketed as original paint?.Hang on...just had a better look, its not the grenade I had seen for sale a few days ago, it looks a bit new for my liking but without a hands on inspection I will have to withdraw my previous statement and not write it off to soon. as for primer it varied from manufacturer to manufacturer just like with the M24s and there were plenty of those that never had any primer
Regards
MG34NZ

Last edited:
Hi, that is what I thought also. They also never painted the rings on them, I think. It is the one you are probably thinking about. I emailed him for more pics. Regards, Steve