What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Osm-152

sudelmuk

HONORED MEMBER RIP
Does someone have more information, drawings, pictures of the Russian heavy bouncing mine OSM-152 ?
Every reference much appreciated.

And were mines OZM-145 and OZM-165 (ОЗМ-145 and ОЗМ-165). But they have a lot of different from OZM-152. For example, OZM-165 can jump!

We want a full report about these almost unknown models, please ... :tinysmile_twink_t:

stecol

see if this works http://www.saper.etel.ru/mines-3/ozm-152.html

The following was translated from the above link and may have errors in translation so use just as a guideline only...Spotter

Fragmentation of a circular anti-personnel mine destruction Bounding controlled. Designed to incapacitate enemy personnel. The defeat of the person (or a few at a time) is applied to fragments of cast iron body when it is blowing at 40-60cm. from the ground after tossing powder expelling charge, which is triggered by applying electrical impulses to the control panel.

There are exact same as the uncontrolled use of mines in two versions:
a) by using the MUV fuze, in which instead of the fuse plug screwed into the contact (in this case plays the role of MSY elektrozamykatelya tripwire),
b) through the use of contactors - Electromechanical contactor ZEM-2 or vibration OT-1 contactor.

But in an unmanaged version of the undermining of mine comes from the power source, not only closes the elektotsep operator and the victim.
Mine is set manually in the ground, and if you can not install in the ground - on the ground (in this case is tied to mine driven into the soil column.
Term of combat operations is not limited to mines. Mine is not equipped with a self-killer. Anti-handling devices, and has no neobezvrezhivaemosti.
Mine consists of a cast iron body (2), privintnym bottom (3), which is fixed in the center of the fuse (11) stretch of the CF-2. For the entire length of the hull in the center is a glass primer (4) the completed drafts of pressed TNT, the intermediate components of the detonator. The internal cavity of the body is filled with melted TNT, constituting the bursting charge (12). On top of the lid enclosure is closed privintnoy (1) in which the ring is screwed to lower the mines into the well.
male body is screwed into a thick-walled metal chamber (5), within the MDM is a bag of prohovym charge (highlighted in purple) and the tension cable (8), a end of which is attached to ryme (7) screwed into the bottom privintnoe (6) chambers, and a second end secured to the cable lug fuse.
the outside chamber is attached to the elbow (9), an employee to enter into the chambers of cables (0). In a bag of gunpowder introduced elektrovoplamenitel.

When applying electrical impulses to the electric igniter, the latter ignites the powder charge. powder gas pressure separates the body from the chambers and throws it up. When the cable stretches the entire length, then he pulls out a blaster axle descent (6), which cuts at the same time the safety check (7). As soon as the move down the axis of the shutter release the ball (5), the last of the pressure spring (4) roll out into free space. Freed the drummer (2) its tip (3) nakolet blasting cap (8), located in the hub (9). explosion detonator capsule would cause an explosion in the intermediate detonator igniting a glass from which to explode the main charge. scattering splinters porazyat Corps personnel of the enemy.

Mina is used solely in managed version. Set in the wells drilled in the ground. If you can not be installed in the soil can be mounted on the surface, but mine should be securely attached to a local object and mask.
A major shortcoming of mine is that in the case of freezing of soil or sucking its marshy ground, power lifting charge is not enough to toss mines at the desired height, and no explosion. In such cases, the recommended make-shift box, inside the MDM and place a mine, then mine in a box set with the ground.
The performance characteristics of mine OZM-152

Type of mine ................................................ ..........antipersonnel fragmentation bounding circular lesions managed / unmanaged
Material ................................................. ..........cast iron
Length ................................................. ................60.4-61.3 cm
Diameter ................................................. ............18 cm
Weight mines ................................................ ......50.5 kg.
Weight of explosive charge (TNT) ................................6.7 kg.
The mass of powder lifting charge .............300gr.
The radius of a solid lesion ........................less than 30 m
The radius of the effective lesion ....................37 - 60 m
The radius of fragments ..................................75 m
Secure deletion of .......................................500m.
Fuse ................................................. .......CF-2
Installation time a mine .................................15-20min.
Possible sources of power .......Subversion Mashika PM-1 or PM-2, anode battery ALS or ALS-60-80, 12-volt car battery.
Operating temperature range ...........-50 - 50 degrees
Handling ................................................. .controlled
Obezvrezhivaemost ..........................................yes
Recoverability ................................................. ..yes
Self-destruction / Self-neutralization ............no / no

Mina OZM-152 was developed and adopted B.M.Ulyanovym the Red Army in 1939. Intended for use in fortified areas (SD) to cover the approaches to the pillbox. It was also possible to use mine as an anti-(against cars). In this case, the mine was placed in neupravlemom variation using an electromechanical contactor ZEM-2 or vibrating OT-1 contactor. It was believed close to a mine explosion that would lead to significant damage to the vehicle due to the defeat of his shrapnel mines.
It quickly became clear that the conditions for the use of AUR-152 at their destination is not as requires a large consumption of electric wires, which the country has a deficit. In addition, absent in the manufacture of cable that can be long in the land (due to lack of reliable electrical insulating materalov).
Before the war had produced a small number of these mines, as found that in addition to tactical weaknesses mine is very low-tech, requires a large consumption of metal, a significant amount of lathe work. In addition, in a war of maneuver, characteristic of the summer and autumn of 1941, the mine required a lot of time for their installation. Therefore, soon after the start of the war production OZM-152 was suspended. The available stockpiles were quickly exhausted without any noticeable success.

During the war, the engineers proposed a universal expelling chamber ICD, which had a connecting thread, suitable for most projectiles caliber 85 to 122mm., And had a detonator that fires after the combustion of gunpowder moderator.
Characteristics of expelling chamber ICD
Device Type ................................................ ......powder with electric igniter
Material ................................................. ................steel
Weight ................................................. ......................3 kg.
Diameter ................................................. ..................13.2 cm
Height ................................................. ....................7.5 cm
Weight lifting charge (ruzh. bezd.poroh) .........150gr.
The mass of the intermediate detonator ......................15gr.
Deceleration time of the explosion ......................................0.3-0.45 sec.
Tool actuation .........................subversive machine PM-3
The diameter of the thread ..................13mm.

This camera is allowed to improvise bounding mines operated from many samples of shells. Officially, these mines are called "AUR with the UCMJ."
However, for a long time, this device is not currently widely used due to the fact that because of the shortage of ammunition caliber artillery most running Office are extremely reluctant to engineers divided their shells.

In 1942 he was released on a large batch of 152 mm. shells of the metal, which after a short storage cracked (cracks), and these shells were unsuitable for artillery. This took the headquarters of the Red Army and the Corps of Engineers began to poison the front of these shells with cameras under the name of TEC AUR-152.
Thus, in the history of the Soviet weapons were two different mines with the same name OZM-152.
Mina OZM-152 arr. , 1942. consists of high-explosive artillery 152 mm. projectile (PF-45 PF-61 PF-540), and screwed in place of the regular blaster universal expelling a projectile with electric igniter chamber ICD.
The performance characteristics of mine OZM-152 arr. , 1942.

Type of mine ................................................ ..........antipersonnel fragmentation bounding circular lesions controlled
Material ................................................. ..........steel, steel cast iron
Length ................................................. ................76 cm
Diameter ................................................. ............15.65 cm
Mass of mine (with the projectile OF-540) ................46.56 kg.
The mass of the explosive charge in the projectile OF-540 (TNT)6.24 lbs.
The mass of powder lifting charge .............150gr.
The radius of the effective lesion ....................37.44 - 58.87m.
Applicable 152mm. shells ........................PF-540 PF-45 PF-61

Mine is going on site. On-site comes off pit with a diameter of about 20cm. and a depth of 81-84 cm If a mine is established in anticipation of what will be used in winter when soil freezing, then it is advisable to place it in a wooden box, which then placed in a pit. This is necessary so that the freezing of the soil is not frozen into a mine in the ground. When the ground forces vmerzanii powder charge may not be enough to throw mines. However, an explosion will occur in all cases.
The figure shows two options for installing mine. Option to install mine in a box as is appropriate for weak viscous and water-saturated soils, to avoid sucking mine. It is also advisable to crate germetrizirovat materials at hand (tarred).
The cameras are packed in boxes UCMJ, 10 pcs. (Gross weight 46 kg.) Shells are available at the place of assembly, in its regular closing.
In the second half of the war the production of these AUR-152 has been renewed in view of the deficiencies identified in the 1940-41 years. The new mine is placed in a metal tube. This new mine and got a new designation - OZM-160.
However, modified versions are also not widely used because the mid 43rd year, it was clear that the effectiveness of AUR-152 arr. 42g. and OZM-160 with a large weight and awkwardness is hardly higher than the very compact German booby frog S.Mi.35. Although the current radius of the effective destruction of AUR-152 reached 59 meters, but in reality because of the very uneven fragmentation projectile body into pieces, he is unlikely to exceed 30 meters. Several pieces S.Mi.35 installed much faster than an OZM-152.
And because of the changed nature of war, when the Red Army largely shifted from defense to total strtegicheskoy offensive, required anti-personnel mines, which can be easily and quickly install and AUR -152 more suited to the minefields and fortified areas could soon find application in positional defensive

Yes, please!
To navigate on the fantastic saper.etel.ru-site is nearly impossible for foreigners.

On Saper you can`t fined OZM-145 and OZM-165. I`ll try help with information about those mines :)
Sudelmuk, if something difficult to fined and understood on Saper ask here. It isn`t difficult to help :)

For all man on Women day some present :)
OZM-145.
Developed by Margolin M.N. (Марголин М.Н.) Mine OZM-145 simillar to OZM-152, but much more easier. Mine can jump, use only with electric blasting cap. Looks like shell, in wich inside we can see two box: down for lifting charge (black powder) and top box - for explosive. Explosive detonating with Bickford fuse with blasting cap.
Length - 440 mm. Diameter - 145 mm. Weight of mine - 34 kg. Weight of explosive (TNT) - 3.8 kg. Weight of powder filling charge - 0.1 kg.

OZM-165.
Developed by Rabinovich Ya.M. (Рабинович Я.М.) Mine OZM-165 can`t jump. Mine placed on earth surface and usually in winter. Useing with electric blasting cap. Explosive - amatol with TNT block. OZM-165 was useing since 1942. Length - 300 mm. Diameter - 165 mm. Weight of mine - 25 kg. Weight of explosive (amatol) - 4 kg. Weight TNT block - 0.2-0.3 kg. The radius of the effective lesion - 35 m.

Great Ivan ! :top:

There are pictures, photos or cutaways of these weapons ?

Thanks
stecol

Great Ivan ! :top:
There are pictures, photos or cutaways of these weapons ?
Thanks
stecol

I don`t have any photo not this very rare mine, but and OZM-152 :D Ha, photo OZM-152 only from museum, but not from battle field.
I`ll put here two picture OZM-145 and OZM-165 which I have :)

Pictures
OZM-145.jpgOZM-165.jpg
People, please, don`t be argue for "the BOCN" on picture. I don`t want that somedody told, that it his picture. If who need without it - write PM :) I`ll be happy to help.

Last edited:
Some German documents on them:

Scan10063.jpg

Scan10064.jpg

Scan10065.jpg

Scan10066.jpg

The document is dated 1943, so these must have been developed prior to this date.