What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of cold storage

satan18

I Recently received a set of tails for a 50 kg and in my eyes get no better than this.
They were heavily coated in grease which has preserved about 90% of the original paint work.
These will be going on to an SC50 to complete another unit:wink:
odds and ends 037.jpgodds and ends 039.jpgodds and ends 038.jpg

Last edited:
Cor bleedin' blimey!!

What a set they are! Bravo old friend for securing them for your collection. :congrats:
After ive stopped drooling on the keyboard,i can then ask what is the weird symbol below the waff stamp?

cheers

waff

Thanks mate
i am not sure but would asume its a makers logo as i have seen this before on others

Best phil

NICE!!!!!!!!!!
What a great item.
Thanks for showing it Phil.
Dave.

Yes i have to agree, a stunning find it is amazing that pieces like this still turn up in such outstanding condition. Well done Phil on adding this one to your collection and look forward to seeing this one re attached to a casing.
Best regards Weasel.

Can't get much better than those Phil, superb!!
Just goes to show what is still out there...........well done on a superb find

regards Kev

Thanks kev
These had been in storage and as such covered in a film of grease which washed of nicely with white spirit.

Best phil

Thanks Weasel this was what you call a cheer me up present for the start of spring,but it was touch and go
whether they got over with the post and all that goes with it.

best phil