What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outstanding collection

SG500

Premium Member
I wasn't sure where to put this link - I'm not sure if the owner is on the forum but whatever, it really is an outstanding collection. Watch and enjoy!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWr8ZHGmiLc&feature=BF&list=QL&index=1[/ame]

I've got a couple of questions about it:
At 4:15 on the minute counter there are 2 massive shell cases in the centre of the photo. Are they the experimental 15cm flak rounds from WW2? To give an idea of scale look at the other rounds in the photo - the 90mm looks very small indeed!
At 8:12 the guy is holding an amazing necked down shell case and looks very pleased about it too, don't blame him. What is it? Where do I get one :tinysmile_classes_t?
It just makes you realise what wonderful rounds there are out there to collect.
I've already watched this 4 times and keep seeing new things
Dave.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that's not a personal collection. I recognize many of the items as being from the Picatinny Arsenal Museum collection, most of which was transferred to the Aberdeen Proving Ground Museum several years ago. My guess is it's the back room at APG with items from both collections visible in the video. US-Subs will know for sure.

Yes its at Aberdeen proving ground, and i think that most of the items are destroyed, not all but most of it, thats what i heard, Ben

Yes its at Aberdeen proving ground, and i think that most of the items are destroyed, not all but most of it, thats what i heard, Ben

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please say you're winding us all up:tinysmile_cry_t:
Any ideas on these:
At 4:15 on the minute counter there are 2 massive shell cases in the centre of the photo. Are they the experimental 15cm flak rounds from WW2? To give an idea of scale look at the other rounds in the photo - the 90mm looks very small indeed!
At 8:12 the guy is holding an amazing necked down shell case and looks very pleased about it too, don't blame him. What is it?
Dave.

Now that's one muther of a collection!!!!

They even have a complete Clarke Naval Bomb fuse @ 4:44 in the white cabinet with the other fuses!!!

and all those cluster bombs packed in are just plain "scary"!!!!

Destroyed??? I would be very sorry to hear if that is true........

The Australian Defence force literally destroyed our heritage when they "cleaned" out the old surplus at Victoria Barracks in Sydney several decades ago - 19th century Artillery pith helmets, uniforms etc were all destroyed, whereas they could have either donated the items to Museums or sold off at public auctions.....IMO they qualify for War Crimes!

But back then, you also had to have a special "Ministerial Permit" just to collect Australian Medals and decorations!
Cheers
Drew

I'm afraid that's not a personal collection. I recognize many of the items as being from the Picatinny Arsenal Museum collection, most of which was transferred to the Aberdeen Proving Ground Museum several years ago. My guess is it's the back room at APG with items from both collections visible in the video. US-Subs will know for sure.

Not sure Rick, the background looks like APG, but there are items shown that were not in either collection when I was in the storage areas. Some of the items I've only seen previously in the Ft. Sill Museum collection, in basement storage. Some of the experimentals, the 11-inch Sutton mortar, etc. Neither Picatinny or Sill had any modern pieces though, like the PTAB sub and a few other items seen in the video. Also there are a lot of big Picatinny pieces that I don't see, which would be hard to miss. If its Aberdeen then they've gotten more than Picatinny's collection, and they have hidden some of it. Jvollenberg is the one to ask now, he is working in the area.

Fjordhouse, Aberdeen was stripped of 90% of its holdings during the late 1980s early 1990s (stolen and sold off to collectors), but Aberdeen later got the fantastic collection from Picatinny when they closed that museum.

Its been a while since I watched this one. Still seeing new things there.
Just bumping it for newer members who may have missed it 5 years ago.
If the link doesn't work just paste it into your browser.
Dave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWr8ZHGmiLc&feature=BF&list=QL&index=1