What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over the shoulder job

Petesos

I have just purchased an over the shoulder pull out rocket launcher to add to my collection.
Can anyone give me any details on it and if i can get inert rounds for it or what its worth as i paid 15 for it
The markings on it are as follows

RKT 66 MM HEAT

FUZ 2.12 RA 3/73

12B RA 3/73

I have just purchased an over the shoulder pull out rocket launcher to add to my collection.
Can anyone give me any details on it and if i can get inert rounds for it or what its worth as i paid 15 for it
The markings on it are as follows

RKT 66 MM HEAT

FUZ 2.12 RA 3/73

12B RA 3/73

A picture would be easier, but i'm quite sure its a LAW M72 you've got.
Rockets for it are a rare find.

Hi P

Your rocket launcher is a Norwegian copy of the famous American rocket launcher, the M72.

''RKT'' stands for the Norwegian word ''rakett''.
The rocket launcher was made by a company called Raufoss Norvege (short ''RA'') in Norway.

It's a pretty rare find on the mainland of Europe, but a few pop up once in a while in the UK.
15 gpb was a good price. I'd gladly pay 50 gbp for it. I know another BOCN member paid 105 gbp for it.

Congrats on your find/purchase!

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the shoulder job 2

Many thanks all you guys for explaining to me about my bit of kit , never to old to learn Going to have it on display this year with my M813a1 and the FH70 .
Thanks again to all and as soon as i can work this poxy computer out on how to get photys from me camera to the computer i will post photos of my collection.
Pete:tinysmile

Some of my collection so far

My M813A1 AM General 14.5 ltr Cummins
My FH70 155mm Howitzer
The 50 cal is gas powerd (noisey)
My M16
And my Rocket Launcher

Not all the photos would upload so some maybe missing and dont tell me its easy as when the Mrs said why dont you bluetooth i said well make me an appointment then ????

Attachments

• DSC00168.jpg
    DSC00168.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00169.jpg
    DSC00169.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00225.jpg
    DSC00225.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00221.jpg
    DSC00221.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00013.jpg
    DSC00013.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00034.jpg
    DSC00034.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 18
Hi P

Your rocket launcher is a Norwegian copy of the famous American rocket launcher, the M72.

''RKT'' stands for the Norwegian word ''rakett''.
The rocket launcher was made by a company called Raufoss Norvege (short ''RA'') in Norway.

It's a pretty rare find on the mainland of Europe, but a few pop up once in a while in the UK.
15 gpb was a good price. I'd gladly pay 50 gbp for it. I know another BOCN member paid 105 gbp for it.

Congrats on your find/purchase!

That was me who bought that recent one! It was 90 in the end, my mistake, 15 was for postage. Never mind, I have one now so job done. Nice looking tubes though. Think I may mount it on my wall when the wife goes out