What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P1 pear

Am currently re-working a French WW1 P1 pear that was given to me by smle2009 (thanks Tony). I had re-worked it before but just never pleased with result. No pics yet the spoon is at my brothers house as he can work magic with alloys and light metals. I am not a purist by any stretch of the imagination and as long as the majority of a piece of ordnance is original I can live with a touch of fabrication. I am cool with that. Chip drew me up his plan and I will let him have a go at the spoon while I rework the body. When I got the body it was sans the bottom plug, so if one of you BOCN bit packrats happen to have a P1 bottom plug lying around I would be happy to pay for it, a PM would be greatly appreciated The P1 has a unique grenade shape is is one of my (non German) favorites. My brother assures me even with his horific schedule that he will have the spoon done in 2 weeks. My goal here as it has been so many times in the past is to make a "respectable" restoration with minimul cash outlay. No pics till finished...Dano

Last edited:
preliminary result

With exception of a tad of finish work, the WW1 French P1 pear is done. There was very little spoon to work with and as I have mentioned before, I don't have the hands ore eyes to be a perfectionist. Still sans the bottom plug which I hope to find some day, I think she displays good for the collection...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 569.jpg
    Picture 569.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 15
And on a positive note: without its base plug the P1 will stand vertical
without any problems (or aid of a washer).

Regard, Jan