What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

package of small goodies

Just got this pkg from smle2009 (thanks tony) which took 11 weeks from the day it was sent to get here. There is a charger of 5 303 cartridges (inert and empty) that will look good in the trench, a few WW1 German grenade transport plugs. The one I need an ID on is the piece of fuze (the one with big threads as i've never seen the like. It is in picture 1 and 2. Any help appreciated...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 378.jpg
    Picture 378.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 379.jpg
    Picture 379.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Agreed

Thanks gentlemen, I believe a No80 would be the fuze. I had an idea in my head that it was US but was way of base. Appreciate the quick replies...Dano

hey Dano
hows your trench coming on?
have you thought about bending some steel rod round a pole to make some pickets?
that would look cool.
I made some fake barbed wire (safe to touch)
for halloween by twisting some twine or thick string with pva glue.
when this is dry,you can tie knotts every couple of inches to represent barbs.
When all is dry,cut the knotts down and paint the whole lot black with rust and steel highlights.

it looks really effective for displaying stuff and is totally safe of course.
i'll post an image of mine when i get home.

All the best

regards

I'm sure I have seen imitation barbed wire made from soft plastic before. I don't know where you could buy it.

You could try http://www.tradingposthire.co.uk/contact.htm in Wembley

They do prop Barbed Wire.

I picked this barb up at Shepperton. There was a load on the road and I didn't want to drive over it so I stopped to clear it and found it was plastic.

Attachments

• BarbedWire2.jpg
    BarbedWire2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 10
  • BarbedWire1.jpg
    BarbedWire1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 4
I'm sure I have seen imitation barbed wire made from soft plastic before. I don't know where you could buy it.

I think its better to make it,and you can makes loads if you want AND it cheap!!

Heres mine,it been messed about with for three years so its fraying a bit.
But if you seal it well and fix it up it looks very real.

you can glue seperate twists if you want,but i did knotts for speed.

if you want it to hold like a coil,just add one lenghth of thin wire into the twist.
what you reckon dano,would it look good in your trench?

p.s. Glevum.
special effects people use this stuff for film and tv.
Used recently on the new Dr Who,in the episode ''the empty child''.
interesting that you found it at Shepperton.anywhere near the studios by any chance?

regards
:tinysmile_classes_t

Attachments

• barbed wire 001.jpg
    barbed wire 001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator: