What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint

Big Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
Hi do any of our British members know where i can buy some matt olive drab paint ,i would like a litre but know i might have to buy 5 .Its to repaint some British ammo boxs ,any help appreciated regards Dave

Failing that, go to any paint suppliers and ask to see a colour chart for BS 381C. For metal boxes WWII onwards I think the colour you want is 499 Service Brown. Most suppliers should be able supply 1 litre upwards and aerosol.

Regards

TimG

Thanks for the advice i will follow up some of them tomorrow.Tim i have 5 boxs dated 1943-45 and none of them are the service brown all varying shades of green [under the white ,black ,etc postwar overpaints ]

Hi Dave, There's a website on the Milweb.net site called 'Paints R us'. They sell aerosol paints in matt olive drab, desert, etc for about a tenner. (Go onto the Milweb.net site and click on dealers, they're all listed alphabetically) Could be worth a look. Good luck.