What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panzerfaust end cap opinions please

botcheg

Hello All,
This was for sale on ebay. Do you think it is actually for the Panzerfaust or something else ? You can see in the last image it appears to fit but, to me, it appears rather flat on the end face and side. Period pictures and some cutaway diagrams seem to show some depth on the end as if the edge is more rounded over . The side also shows a bit of a groove in the old images but that could be a bead roller impression from sealing the cap onto the Faust.
Thanks for any remarks you might have.
Regards,
Bill

Attachments

• 24577112hd.jpg
    24577112hd.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 24577113pc.jpg
    24577113pc.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 24577114um.jpg
    24577114um.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 24577116uf.jpg
    24577116uf.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 24577117fc.jpg
    24577117fc.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 24587682yp.jpg
    24587682yp.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 29
Panzerfaust had a transit cap at rear end. Manual says that it must be removed before launching. I have in one of mine a short metal cap wich fits nicely in tube. Most likely they were made of cardboard as well. However both cardboard- and metal caps usually should have some markings. Mine metal has no markings as well.
Panzerfaust markings are not stamped on metal but inks stamps instead.
You cap looks like what the manual poor pictures show.

Panzerfaust had a transit cap at rear end. Manual says that it must be removed before launching. I have in one of mine a short metal cap wich fits nicely in tube. Most likely they were made of cardboard as well. However both cardboard- and metal caps usually should have some markings. Mine metal has no markings as well.
Panzerfaust markings are not stamped on metal but inks stamps instead.
You cap looks like what the manual poor pictures show.
Thank you for your reply Tmine. Is this for the world war 2 Panzerfaust ? The only metal caps I have seen are covering the wood tail of the grenade.
The paper instructions on the grenade head say "Die Pappkappe am Rohrende bleibt beim Abschuss aufgesetzt". My translator says "The cardboard cap at the tube end remains attached at the launch" It stays on and is blown off by the backblast.
Attached is a picture of captured Pfausts piled up for destruction. All of the end caps show a rolled edge/recessed end cover.
Regards,
Bill

Attachments

• Panzerfaust_destroyed_1945.jpg
    Panzerfaust_destroyed_1945.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 35