What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panzerfaust information wanted please.

waffenamt

Hi Chaps,

Ive spotted a Panzerfaust at an antique store near me and i quite like the look of it.
I can trade some of my gear against it such as one of my complete 88 rounds and my beloved German Army watch(just traded stuff for a Kriegsmarine one today,so its ok)

I think it may be a version 60 as the `Klein` proj`s have a distinct shape and this one is flat at the end.
My quest is for general information regarding,length,the dimensions of the firing tube such as inside and outside diameters of the tube?
Also any info on spotting `fakes` that have been aged?
Im sure there is a `pop up` site on it too?
I was a bit rushed today plus i was already engaged in the watch trade off.

I know some of you boys know yer stuff on Panzerfausts so lets have it then!!:tinysmile_twink_t:

cheers in advance

waff

Hi Paul
You need to be careful as Panzerfausts are classed as firearms , last year customs confiscated loads at Beltring. make sure it has a deac certificate .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Steve,

Ive already asked this question and im assured by the seller that this one is ok as its in a fair relic condition(good shape though).
JC himself has apparently told him this but i will be checking with him to make double sure.

best

waff

Hi waff,

there are 4 common Panzerfaust-types: 1. Panzerfaust 30 (klein), nickname "Gretchen", 2. Panzerfaust 30 (gro), Panzerfaust 60, Panzerfaust 100.
The Panzerfaust 30 klein and gro have identic sights and trigger-system, but different heads and different tubes. The Panzerfaust 60 and 100 have the same tube (but inside different propelling charges), the same sight (with different markings for the distance) and the same trigger-system. The head of the Panzerfaus 30 gro is identic to the head of the Panzerfaust 60 and nearly identic to the head of the Panzerfaust 100 (different fin tails inside the tube).

Panzerfaust 30 (klein)

Attachments

• 30 klein 1a.jpg
    30 klein 1a.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 89
  • 30 klein 1b.jpg
    30 klein 1b.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 30 klein 1c.jpg
    30 klein 1c.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 73
Panzerfaust 30 gro

Attachments

• 30 gro 1a.jpg
    30 gro 1a.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 30 gro 1b.jpg
    30 gro 1b.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 30 gro 1c.jpg
    30 gro 1c.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 51
Panzerfaust 60

Attachments

• 60 1a.jpg
    60 1a.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 60 1b.jpg
    60 1b.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 60 1c.jpg
    60 1c.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 51
Panzerfaust 100

Attachments

• 100 1a.jpg
    100 1a.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 100 1b.jpg
    100 1b.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 50
  • 100 1c.jpg
    100 1c.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 75
There is also a different head to tail attachment between the 60 and 100.

The 60 has the side spring clip on the tail whereas the 100 spring clip is attached to the head.

PC

Hi Paul
Not being an alarmist but Relic condition are still classed as firearm . a good example of this was a German Gewr 98 rifle that was fished out of the Thames in what is now Canary wharf , the bolt was jammed solid, a barge or something had rested on the barrel , giving it a distint u shape , the police still wanted a certificate for it which the owner had done . and the weapon itself was presented to the clerk of works canary wharf , perhaps its still there today?

Have seen 60 and 100 showing both head to tail attachments. Seems to me that was used what was actually in stock

Thank you very much Gents.
Excellent photos Jo.:tinysmile_grin_t:

I will try and get some pictures of it this week then to show you any suspicions i have with it.

Steve,If it is as you say a certifiable item,then ifits confirmed as a good one then i will enquire about having it sorted with correct paperwork by the Proofhouse.

Again,thank you very much.

cheers

Waff

Is that all your own collection Jo?
Bloody amazing if it is. Even more so if the labels and paintwork are original.

I can tell you would know more about the clips than me but for Waff you need to watch the correct tail is with the correct clip.

Hi SG,
Thank you for the tip.I will def get pics before a possible trade for it.
Can the item be faked at all?,thats why i was thinking of tube diameters etc?
best

Waff

Hi waff,

there are 4 common Panzerfaust-types: 1. Panzerfaust 30 (klein), nickname "Gretchen", 2. Panzerfaust 30 (gro), Panzerfaust 60, Panzerfaust 100.
The Panzerfaust 30 klein and gro have identic sights and trigger-system, but different heads and different tubes. The Panzerfaust 60 and 100 have the same tube (but inside different propelling charges), the same sight (with different markings for the distance) and the same trigger-system. The head of the Panzerfaus 30 gro is identic to the head of the Panzerfaust 60 and nearly identic to the head of the Panzerfaust 100 (different fin tails inside the tube).

Ive just been looking at Pzgr40`s thread on the Panzerfaust 30(Gross) in another section and that looks very similar to the one?
Also studying engineers great pictures almost clinches it.
cheers

Waff

Last edited:
Gents,im still going to get some photos asap as i want your opinions on this particular Panzerfaust.
A good friend in here has PM`d me a link to a repro being sold and it looks bloody convincing!:tinysmile_angry2_t:
So,if you have any more ideas,info on measurements and tips to look for a `bad one`,then please chime in.

best

Waff

best thing waff is as you say to get some quality photos so everyone can actually see the item

Yep.i agree.
Prolly in the next couple of days as the shop is a little way from me.

`preciate the help so far of you boys.:top:

waff

Ah Mr DJH!!:tinysmile_twink_t:

Thank you very much for those squire!:tinysmile_grin_t: Most useful and very much appreciated.

best

Waff