What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parachute flare

Saw this on a web-site of a militaria seller and the condition struck me as unusually good so I decided to go ahead and buy it. It is a 1969 dated U.S. green parachute flare. I wanted to get something not too pricey with the holiday coming and all and Vietnam dated, so it was a "no brainer" when I saw this one...Dano

Attachments

• DSCF0235.jpg
    DSCF0235.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF0236.jpg
    DSCF0236.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 36
Nice one, I have the same, but WWII dated.

Attachments

• USA Mortar, Flares.jpg
    USA Mortar, Flares.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
The Same...

Cannot help myself, especially when it has to do with Vietnam!

Attachments

• Vietnam Ordnance INERT 022.jpg
    Vietnam Ordnance INERT 022.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Vietnam Ordnance INERT 028.jpg
    Vietnam Ordnance INERT 028.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Vietnam Ordnance INERT 023.jpg
    Vietnam Ordnance INERT 023.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Vietnam Ordnance INERT 059.jpg
    Vietnam Ordnance INERT 059.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Vietnam Ordnance INERT 058.jpg
    Vietnam Ordnance INERT 058.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Vietnam Ordnance INERT 053.jpg
    Vietnam Ordnance INERT 053.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Vietnam Ordnance INERT 051.jpg
    Vietnam Ordnance INERT 051.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Vietnam Ordnance INERT 055.jpg
    Vietnam Ordnance INERT 055.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Vietnam Ordnance INERT 054.jpg
    Vietnam Ordnance INERT 054.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Vietnam Ordnance INERT 047.jpg
    Vietnam Ordnance INERT 047.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 17
As you can see, I have a problem pictures on numer's 8 & 9. These are genuine SF Survival Kits which SOG carried at times "Across the Fence". It is hard to get a good picture of it but there are still a few items you can ID. I bought this kit around 12-15 years ago when I was still collecting componets and kits from SF and from the (almost all) pilots in the Air Force and Navy would carry. These are also the kits found on their Survival Vests such as a SRU/P-21 for the Air Force and Army Pilots and the a few others I cannot recall at this moment.

If you were to find this kit which I will show more of, for less than $1,000 buy the *&^% thing! Mine was brand spanking new back then and it cost me $600.00

He has a case of them. I picked up two for myself. Good guy there. GROG
Agree 100% grog, As I have had transactions with him more than once in past. A pleasure to deal with, he is prompt and honest. He does have some really nice stuff on the block. He is one that has the double threaded practice lemons, and also practice MKII's at decent prices. Hope to continue to do business with him in the future. He also has a totally awesome WWI French light tank!!! How is your collection coming?? Dano