What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Part Identified

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes you read it correctly Part Identified.
Earlier this week i took part in a job recce with work,and found what i thought may be the remains of a mine igniter,but did not know what type,Now the coincidence part and this is no bull.when i got home i had received a parcel of goodies from my good friend and forum member alex,inside was a pistol for the british Mk1 or Mk2 A/P mine ..Thinking it looked similar type striker in the relic part id found the same day ,today i retrieved the relic part and gave it a bit of a clean but it was too far gone to positive id anything so i cracked the remains open ,and yes its the same striker,Part now identified as pistol for a/p mine
time permitting tomorrow i will try to remove the good striker from the complete pistol and photo the two strikers together

Attachments

• DSC00399.JPG
    DSC00399.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00401.JPG
    DSC00401.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00408.JPG
    DSC00408.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00410.JPG
    DSC00410.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 35
  • shrapnelminemkii.jpg
    shrapnelminemkii.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Hi Allan that igniter is a rare beast by itself well done.

Thanks Steve,,,ok heres a pic of the relic striker with the good one to confirm what it is ,

Attachments

• DSC00419.JPG
    DSC00419.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 20