What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Part mortar projectile ?

navyman

Hello,
I've just purchased this ornrmental, plated, part mortar projectile. Can anyone tell me what is was originally? I can't give any more info on it as it's in the post and I don't know if the postal strike will affect when it arrives.

Attachments

• Mortar part round.jpg
    Mortar part round.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 87
Hi
Fins definitely are from a mortar but the body/tail wall thickness looks too thick to be genuine. Maybe a bit of turned metal with the real fins added to make into an ornament/paperweight.
Without dimensions & better pics hard to call this one.
Good luck with the post!! Add some more pics & info when you recieve it.

Thanks for that Hicky,
I've not found any similar fins despite trawling the site and I agree about the case(?). All will be revealed when the Post Office let me have it.
Cheers,
navyman.

Hello all,
The ornamental mortar arrived this morning. Here are some pics as requested, also one of an Mle 81mm training round which looks similar. Any more information gratefully received? (The case diameter is exactly 81mm).
Cheers,
navyman.

Attachments

• m 1a.jpg
    m 1a.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 28
  • m 2a.jpg
    m 2a.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 23
  • m 3a.jpg
    m 3a.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 33