What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Part wanted for stick grenade

paul the grenade

Hi All.
Im after the little cap that covers the hole in the top of the fuze adapter where the detonator is inserted. :tinysmile_grin_t:
Has anyone got a spare?
Cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• stick gren copy.jpg
    stick gren copy.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 91
Wee cap

Hi Paul, mmm..don't know how to post pics but contact me thru messages with your address and I will send it as a wee gift...we Scotsmen are not really meanies. Hear from you soon,glad to help.Lewis

Last edited:
Hi Miguel, Nice to see you here, too. :tinysmile_grin_t:
The link you sent clarifies why the big bunch of BZ39 fuzes found a few years ago from a burned storage were all without caps.
BZ24 and BZ39Nb fuzes found from other burning sites regularly have the caps.

:tinysmile_classes_t Hey Amigo, Nice to see you here also

Kind
Regards
Nick

Last edited:
Hi Miguel, Nice to see you here, too. :tinysmile_grin_t:
The link you sent clarifies why the big bunch of BZ39 fuzes found a few years ago from a burned storage were all without caps.
BZ24 and BZ39Nb fuzes found from other burning sites regularly have the caps.
Thanks for your words Reino and Nick. I will try to post more here, I find this forum very interesting as there is much more ordnance than in other forums. And it is what we collect. Germans made a lot of changes due to the duration of the war, they had no time for "little details" nor material and many things were removed for safe time and material. Reino, the BZ24 came with caps, as the BZ38Nb, (a lot of their brass connectors were found in your country), but I was not sure about the BZ39Nb. The BZ39Nb, (aluminium body), found in your country came with aluminium caps?
Miguel A.J.

Reino, the BZ24 came with caps, as the BZ38Nb, (a lot of their brass connectors were found in your country), but I was not sure about the BZ39Nb. The BZ39Nb, (aluminium body), found in your country came with aluminium caps?
Miguel A.J.
As Reino forgot to answer this question I will do it by myself: No, the BZ39Nb were found without caps. So, the new BZ39 series were always packed without little caps. Only the BZ24 and BZ38Nb series came with caps, brass caps.