What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paypal alternatives

Slick

In light of recent announcements by PayPal, I will be closing my account with them. Any advice regarding alternatives are appreciated.

Announcement they're cancelling an operation in NC. SJW crap.

No, you didn't see me at SLICS. Next year.

"focus on American politics, or, in this case, toilets."

Toilets.......politics.......I've been getting very confused lately over the lack of differences.

This is the quote from PayPal's CEO:

The company said its decision not to build its Charlotte facility "reflects PayPal's deepest values and our strong belief that every person has the right to be treated equally, and with dignity and respect."

We are all equal in PayPal's view, but some are more equal than others..... The right to be treated equally apparently ends when one attempts to use PayPal for the legal purchase of inert ordnance or firearms.
I guess refusing to process payment for a 100% arms length, legal transaction reflects PayPal's deepest values and our strong belief that every person should conform to our progressive world view
Where's our "right to be treated equally, and with dignity and respect."

I deeply dislike PayPal but am not aware of a safe alternative so I still use them when it is necessary. Be very careful who you grant access to your bank account to. Pat

Paypal are just assuming a new attitude called "Virtue Posturing" . It's an attempt by companies & individuals not to get criticised by social media sites . The more obscure the "virtue" the louder they yelp . Heaven help any of them if they had to live in the real world.....

Paypal are just assuming a new attitude called "Virtue Posturing" . It's an attempt by companies & individuals not to get criticised by social media sites . The more obscure the "virtue" the louder they yelp . Heaven help any of them if they had to live in the real world.....

I didn't understand any of that! :tinysmile_cry_t: John

Translation: They do foolish little things that fool social media hounds into believing they are good corporate citizens of the world.

I like SLICK's SJW acronym. I was not familiar with it so after a quick search, here it is!

"Social justice warrior" (commonly abbreviated "SJW") is a pejorative term for a person (or company) expressing or promoting socially progressive views in disingenuous social justice arguments or activism to raise their personal (or corporate) reputation.[SUP][/SUP]

Translation: They do foolish little things that fool social media hounds into believing they are good corporate citizens of the world.

Surely thats an Oxymoron,how can they be a 'good corporate citizen' when corporates are anti-citizen/individual by their nature.