What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petrol prices Uk all time high!! What do you pay??

butterfly

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
As petrol prices here in the UK hit an all time high, I thought it might be intresting to see what other members pay for petrol in their part of the world

I now pay 1.20 per litre unleaded (Lincolnshire) - over 5 per gallon.

Would be intrested to see what others pay, and their thoughts on petrol rises.

Here in the UK we just seem to accept the rises as part of life, can't do much about it and we need a car its a neccessity.

So how much do you pay?

regards Kev

hi kev its 1.19 here in bracknell berkshire little lower than yours. costs me nearly 90 to fill up my old 850 r volvo and that dont last very long

regards lee

petrol price

Up here on the isle of lewis its 126pl its been 120 for months were expecting it to rise again soon

Recently paid Euro 1.59 per liter for 98 petrol, about 1.50 for normal 95 petrol.
This is in The Netherlands.

Fuel in Australia

Fuel is $1.29 AUD a litre over here at the moment which works out at approx .78 pence a litre and we all think we are paying to much but looks cheap compared to you pommies , since I'll be overthere in july { Beltring } hope to catch up with a few of you.
Regards Daryl

God I hate to even tell you what the average price for gas is here You'll probably lynch me current is about $2.85 a gallon

Not to stir up discontent but I filled up yesterday for $2.56 a U.S. gallon. The lowest I have ever paid was $0.79 per gallon and that was only about 10 years ago during a "gas war" when there was a tremendous oversupply of fuel. Pat

1.16 per Ltr here in Pinner (North london) elsewhere nearby its between 1.18 and 1.22 per Ltr for Unleaded 95 star
With Brent crude selling at $81 per barrel we in the UK are getting ripped off by both the government who have just added another 1p per ltr and the oil companies , making massive profits .
One good thing i now save on petrol as i walk to the shop to pick up my paper,each day its healthier and there is a lovely female jogger i see every day lol

Last edited by a moderator:
1.17 for bog standard unleaded in Spalding area - Morrisons keeps it low and Sainsburys hovers around a penny extra over it. Other local garages are up to 1.22 / litre. Further out it's 1.26. Today I found a bank statement for January on which I had written against one entry that petrol was 1.07 / litre - only three months ago!

Last edited:
I sit here in the US listening to people complain about the price of gasoline and tell them that they have never traveled overseas and paid for it there. We filled up this morning here in Virginia at $2.63 a gallon. Summer is approaching so prices go up to make more money from the summer travelers. What we paid today was 10 cents a gallon more than our last fill up 2 weeks ago. We complain that the cost is high and compared to what we used to pay it is, but we are certainly not at the top of the price pile for gasoline.

Many thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread.

Here in the UK I think we all now just accept petrol price rises as part of life. The government have added a three stage rise on petrol prices, it went up by 1p a litre recently (of course 2p when the oil companies added their bit too!!) and is set to rise again later in the year. My local garage thinks it will be 1.50 a litre by the summer....so think on!!

I hope others have found this intresting too

regards to all
Kev

I might point out that in the USA, there is only 4 quarts to a gallon, where as in Blighty you chaps have 5 quarts to the gallon, I never could figger that one out, but I do know I got better gas milage in Canada, even though I could not put as many gallons in my tank. I am currently burning gas that I paid $1.52 US, that come out to about $.38 per liter, or about 25 new pence.
Best wihses
Gus:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

In the Netherlands Diesel is 1.20 - 1.30 euros litre.

At the moment i'm in Italy and it's almost the same.

Pete

The Imperial Gallon is used in the UK. It is about 4.5l. It is based on the volume of 10lb of water.

The US Liquid Gallon is about 3.7l. It is Queen Anne Wine Gallon.

Both Gallons have 4 quarts.

Needless to say the Imperial Quart is about 22% larger than a US Quart.

Yup,
The US gallon weighs 8 pounds if it is water 7 if it is gas or oil, that is 2 pounds per quart, and if the Imperial gallon wieghs 10 pounds, then it still comes out to 5 quarts by my math:) I encountered a Canadian fellow (universtiy student) and we got into a discussion about the differances between the states and Canada, he brought up the fact that gas in the US was not as good as the gas in Canada, as his milage droped by 20% when he bought gas in the US (he and his friends would cross the boarder to buy gas as it was 20% cheaper in the states. I thought he was joking (kinda like my 5 quart comment) I pointed out that at least he could get more gallons in his tank, and he looked confussed. At that point, I realized that he did not know that there were two gallon volumes.
Best wishes
Gus
ps to make you blokes in Blighty feel better, gas has jumped in price, it is still no where near the high of $4.15 a US gallon of three years agom but it is currently $3.20 or $.86 per liter, or about 42 new pence a liter

As the third person in this thread to live in Lincolnshire (what are the chances of that?), last time I bought petrol was at the Esso station on the ring road in Boston, where I think it was 116.9. Cheapest for miles around but there are often queues.

Cheapest i've seen bog standard Unleaded up here near Liverpool/Manchester is 1.18 ltr, the Yanks would be rioting in the Streets by now if they had to put up with the Shizzle we have to !