What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pg7vl

Please if anyone has any photos or any other information it would be greatly appreciated. I have not been able to find much at all. Cheers.

If I`m not mistake, I have russian PG-7VL. but I don`t know anything about bulgarian model.

Send a PM to Fjordhouse, he can shurely help you on a picture of the Bulgarian one .
Regards, DJH

I was really after the fuse position for comparison. Thanks BLU I've been through that thread before. Thanks for all of the help. Cheers.

RSP for PG-7VLT

Hi all,

Nice cutaway pictures for the PG-7VLT showing fuze position. Currently looking for an RSP using a double DEARMER shot against the VP22 contained within? Any similarity with VP-7. Don't reckon it would be classified.

From what I can tell the US RSP is still classified. But from what I remember of the other PG 7s a single dearmer at base element or cut the nose element off. It's been awhile so I don't remember impact angles or points of impact. But after reading a little more on the PG 7VLT am not sure why a double dearmer would be needed.

I believe Weberoed is correct. I could see where the 7-VR would need a double RSP as it has 2 fuzes but why would you need it against the VL variant which only has a nose element and a base fuze.

I believe the VLT is the tandem warhead variant with the 2 fuzes, so the US tech data shows but no RSP for the fuses. However, it does give a dearmer shot for the VP-7 so I am looking at that for a possible solution. Of course the other option is cut the piezo off but I have been asked for a dearmer solution.

The VR is the tandem warhead variant. It's a 66mm precursor warhead followed by a 105mm secondary warhead.

rpg-7_pg7vr.jpg

You have a nose element and a base fuze for the first warhead and a base element for the second warhead. If I remember correctly both base fuzes are electrically initiated.

Info for other variants here: http://world.guns.ru/grenade/rus/rpg-7-e.html - Love their site too!

And I managed to find a cut-away that I attached below

Attachments

• PG-7VR.jpg
    PG-7VR.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: