What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of Modified Japanese T93 Mine

Kilroy was Here

Hello, here is my example of the T93. It got shot! :sad: It still has part of the drag carry/sling rope, and nicely dated June '42. It is a Marine vet bring back, I bought it from a relative. Unfortunate, no info on him.
I was wondering if it got shot during the war, or sometime after. I guess no way to be sure 100%. I think maybe during the war. Maybe this Vet and his buddies shot it from a safe distance to see if it would explode?
The fuse and the transit/shipping container did not come with it, I found them separate to complete the mine.
What do you think, a wartime bullet hole???

Regards, Steve

Attachments

• P4180013.jpg
    P4180013.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 66
  • P4180014.jpg
    P4180014.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 62
  • P4180018.jpg
    P4180018.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 54
  • P4180024.jpg
    P4180024.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 46
  • P4180017.jpg
    P4180017.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I noticed this "tape measure" mine in some photos you posted the other day. I'm thinking it was shot in the war, since the holes are rusty. I haven't seen a perfect one of these yet. They are always dented, or in your case shot. At least you have one, and probably didn't have to pay a lot for it. It will only appreciate in value, as long as a hurricane doesn't get it.

John

A very nice item to own i bought a igniter with shipping container on ebay 2 years ago and was offered a big profit on it even before i had received it by a american collector,unles the shot had hit the detonator it would probably not explode, do the bullet holes come out of the bottom or the top ? possbly target practice hung in tree?
Steve

I noticed this "tape measure" mine in some photos you posted the other day. I'm thinking it was shot in the war, since the holes are rusty. I haven't seen a perfect one of these yet. They are always dented, or in your case shot. At least you have one, and probably didn't have to pay a lot for it. It will only appreciate in value, as long as a hurricane doesn't get it.

John

Hi John, Yes I think it happened war time also. I live 45 miles inland from the Cape Canaveral area, and it gets a little rough sometimes, but 20 years here and OK so far, no hurricanes directly near here. A Lot of debris, yard clean up etc. My House is concrete block construction, so think the T93 is safe. If I lived in trailer park it would have been different! They always seem to attract tornadoes and 200 mph winds :xd:

Regards, Steve

Last edited:
A very nice item to own I bought a igniter with shipping container on ebay 2 years ago and was offered a big profit on it even before i had received it by a american collector,unles the shot had hit the detonator it would probably not explode, do the bullet holes come out of the bottom or the top ? possbly target practice hung in tree?
Steve

Hi Steve, nice name. Lucky you got a fuse, and the case, the case is very hard to find. Fuses also. Does your fuse case have any of the small foil label on it still?
The bullet entered and exited from the side of the mine. It looks like it was shot long ago.

Regards, Steve

Last edited: